This is a three-day course that profiles forensics functions for the Apple iPhone and the iOS operating system. This course is targeted towards those who have completed the InfoSec Computer Forensics Boot Camp or have relevant experience in the industry.
The most current, up-to-date hands-on forensics training available anywhere!
- Proven Track Record—We have trained more computer forensics examiners than any other training company
- Expert instructors, with PROVEN field experience (authors, ex-law enforcement, pioneers in the field)
- We take pride in saying that all of our instructors are active and experienced at producing forensics work that is admissible in court
- 60% of Boot Camp is Hands On Training
- You will learn the core forensics procedures necessary for performing thorough investigations on all iOS and HFS+ devices, with a domain focus on the iPhone
What You’ll LEARN
If you already understand how to work with forensics and file carving then you should bring those skills to the next level. This program will help you to take your current skills and apply them to Apple iOS devices. You will learn about file carving with the iPhone and the HFS+ file system. You can also learn about the SSH format that may be used when looking through iOS devices. Information on how to jailbreak a phone is also covered. If you already have a basic understanding of mobile forensics and file carving this course will help take your skills to the next level. You’ll learn about the HFS+ file system, how to browse the iOS devise withc SSH and common jail breaking techniques. In addition to all of this, you will learn to protect data for keychain items, analyze both iPhone and iCloud backups, recovering keyboard caches deleted libraries and how to write forensic reports.
Students must have no criminal record. Computer forensic skills, including the ability or desire to work outside the Windows GUI interface, are necessary. This is a very in depth training course and is not intended for individuals who have limited or no computer forensics skills.