Boot camp at a glance
Online, in-person, team onsite
What you'll learn
Learn how to find, assess and remove threats from your organization in our Cyber Threat Hunting Boot Camp, designed to prepare you for the Certified Cyber Threat Hunting Professional (CCTHP) exam.
This immersive three-day course will teach you about the latest tactics and tools used to proactively track down hackers and cybercriminals. Taught by industry professionals who have served as penetration testers, incident responders and computer forensic investigators, the Cyber Threat Hunting Boot Camp builds expert-level knowledge and skills in cyber threat identification and threat hunting — and fully covers all five domains of the CCTHP exam.
After attending the cyber threat hunting training, you will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Think tactically regarding cyber threat defense
- Use threat intelligence to form your hypotheses and begin the hunt
- Anticipate and hunt down threats in your organization’s systems
- Inspect network information to identify dangerous traffic
- Understand the Hunting Maturity Model to measure your organization’s hunting capability
- Learn how to find and investigate malware, phishing, lateral movement, data exfiltration and other common threats
Award-winning training you can trust
Everything you need to know
- 90-day extended access to Boot Camp components, including class recordings
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Exam Pass Guarantee
- Exam voucher
- Free 90-day Infosec Skills subscription (access to 1,400+ additional courses and labs)
- Hands-on cyber ranges and labs
- Knowledge Transfer Guarantee
- Onsite proctoring of exam
- Pre-study learning path
- Unlimited practice exam attempts
Before your boot camp
To get the most from this cyber threat hunting training, we recommend you have:
- An understanding of fundamental information security concepts
- Working knowledge of networking devices and protocols
- Exposure to pentesting and network monitoring tools and methodologies
- Basic knowledge of Linux and Windows command line
Preparation (before the boot camp starts)
Introduction to cyber threat hunting
- What is threat hunting?
- Assumption of breach
- The concept of active defense
- Role of threat hunting in organizational security program
- Threat hunting benefits
Threat hunting process
- Preparing for the hunt: the hunter, the data, the tools
- Creating a context-based hypothesis
- Starting the hunt (confirming the hypothesis)
- Responding to the attack
- Lessons learned
Threat hunting methodologies
- The Crown Jewel Analysis (CJA)
- Cyber threat patterns and signatures
- Utilizing threat intelligence
- Threat hunting hypotheses: intelligence-driven, awareness-driven, analytics-driven
Optional group & individual study
Schedule may vary from class to class
Threat hunting techniques
Preparing for the hunt
The hunt is on
Hunting for network-based threats
Hunting for host-based threats
Optional group & individual study
Schedule may vary from class to class
Utilizing system and security event data
- Event logs and IDs
- Logging on Windows and Linux
- Using event data during hunts
Advanced threat hunting concepts
- OODA (Observe, Orient, Decide, Act) loop
- Going beyond IOCs: hunting for advanced threats
- Chokepoint monitoring
- Deceptive technologies
- Developing an effective threat-hunting program
- Building customized threat-hunting tools
- Threat hunting best practices and resources
Our boot camp guarantees
Exam Pass Guarantee
If you don’t pass your exam on the first attempt, get a second attempt for free. Includes the ability to re-sit the course for free for up to one year (does not apply to CMMC-AB boot camps).
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
If you’re not 100% satisfied with your training at the end of the first day, you may withdraw and enroll in a different online or in-person course.
Knowledge Transfer Guarantee
If an employee leaves within three months of obtaining certification, Infosec will train a different employee at the same organization tuition-free for up to one year.
Unlock team training discounts
If you’re like many of our clients, employee certification is more than a goal — it’s a business requirement. Connect with our team to learn more about our training discounts.
Frequently asked questions
What's the job outlook for CISM professionals?
The demand for skilled information security professionals is rapidly increasing as organizations recognize the importance of robust security measures. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of information systems managers is projected to grow 16% from 2021 to 2031. CISM-certified individuals are well-positioned to capitalize on these opportunities and pursue rewarding careers in information security.
What is the average CISM salary?
CISM-certified professionals earn a wide range of competitive salaries due to their specialized expertise, with an average $129,000. Visit our salary information page to access the latest data on CISM salaries and gain insights into this field’s earning potential.
How does the CISM examination process work?
The CISM exam consists of multiple-choice questions that assess your knowledge and application of information security management concepts. It is administered by ISACA and follows a rigorous evaluation process to ensure the integrity and validity of the certification. Read our CISM exam details article for more information.
What are some tips for preparing for the CISM?
Being well-prepared and rested is critical to success in the CISM exam. Here are a few tips to enhance your study approach:
- Create a study schedule and allocate dedicated time for each domain.
- Utilize resources such as study guides, practice exams and online forums.
- Engage in practical exercises and real-world scenarios to strengthen your problem-solving skills.
- Join study groups or seek guidance from experienced professionals to gain additional insights.
- Stay focused, practice time management and review all domains comprehensively.
- Get plenty of sleep. You won’t perform your best if you stay up all night cramming for the CISM exam, so be sure you are well-rested the night before.
You're in good company
I really appreciate that our instructor was extremely knowledgeable and was able to provide the information in a way that it could be understood. He also provided valuable test-taking strategies that I know not only helped me with this exam, but will help in all exams I take in the future.
Michelle Jemmott, Pentagon
Excellent! Our instructor had a vast background and related the materials to real life. Much better than just teaching the materials to pass an exam ... but he did that as well. He went out of his way in class. The extra materials really benefited us when we returned to our real jobs! Great experience!
John Peck, EPA
Very impressed with Infosec. My instructor did a great job delivering the information strategically and in a way for all to understand. I would definitely take another class/certification prep course.
Sylvia Swinson, Texeltek
Enroll in a boot camp
Explore our top boot camps
More learning opportunities
Most popularBoot camp
CompTIA Security+ Training Boot Camp
Infosec’s CompTIA Security+ Boot Camp teaches you information security theory and reinforces that theory with hands-on exercises to help you learn by doing. You’ll learn how to configure and operate many different technical security controls — and leave prepared to pass your Security+ exam.
#1 FOR BEGINNERSBoot camp
Cisco CCNA Associate & CyberOps Associate Training Boot Camp with Dual Certification
Infosec’s authorized CCNA Dual Certification Boot Camp helps you build your knowledge of networking and provides hands-on experience installing, configuring and operating network devices — all while preparing you to earn two Cisco certifications.
Most requestedBoot camp
(ISC)² CISSP® Certification Training and Boot Camp
Take your career to the next level by earning one of the most in-demand cybersecurity certifications. Infosec’s CISSP training provides a proven method for mastering the broad range of knowledge required to become a Certified Information Systems Security Professional.