Infosec Skills release: New CMMC, SIEM, Cloud+ and HIPAA training, plus team reporting features
October 14, 2020
Two new Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) boot camps are open for enrollment, Certified Professional and Certified Assessor Level 1. In addition, five new and updated learning paths are live in Infosec Skills, along with new team reporting features.
- CMMC training
- SIEM Architecture and Process Learning Path
- CompTIA Cloud+ Learning Path
- Implementing Controls for HIPAA Compliance Learning Path
- Other new and updated content
- Team reporting and assigned content
- See what’s coming next
Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) training
Infosec is hard at work developing the courseware, training and other assets needed for the CMMC accreditation and certification requirements, which will affect hundreds of thousands of organizations in the Department of Defense supply chain.
In September Infosec was named a Licensed Publishing Partner by the CMMC-AB, the independent body responsible for the CMMC assessment, certification, training and accreditation processes. Since then, we’ve opened enrollments for two new CMMC boot camps, with a third on the way.
- CMMC-AB Certified Professional: The Certified Professional (CP) is the first step to becoming an assessor. It certifies you as a valuable resource for consulting agencies and organizations seeking CMMC guidance.
- Certified Assessor Level 1: The Certified Assessor Level 1 (CA-1) allows you to perform CMMC assessments for Maturity Level 1 (ML-1) and is a prerequisite for CA Level 3.
- Certified Assessor Level 3 (coming soon): The Certified Assessor Level 3 (CA-3) allows you to perform CMMC assessments up to Maturity Level 3 (ML-3) and is a prerequisite for CA Level 5.
Keep an eye one Infosec’s CMMC resource page for the latest updates.
SIEM Architecture and Process Learning Path
Learn about security information and event management (SIEM) and the challenges facing modern distributed enterprise architectures in the new SIEM Architecture and Process Learning Path. As you progress through eight courses, SIEM architect Ryan Fitzpatrick teaches you the knowledge and skills necessary to:
- Understand the process SIEM uses to bring structure to data
- Use SIEM to gain visibility into your environment
- Implement a SIEM solution
- Build content for threat detection
The training culminates with a SIEM Architecture and Process Project where you’ll get hands-on experience solving a scenario around invalid user logon attempts.
CompTIA Cloud+ Learning Path
The CompTIA Cloud+ Learning Path introduces you to a variety of cloud information security concepts and prepares you to earn your Cloud+ certification. As you progress through nine courses taught by CWNP CTO Tom Carpenter, you’ll learn about:
- Configuring and deploying cloud services
- Implementing cloud security, including compliance controls, access requirements and automation techniques
- Ensuring business continuity and appropriate disaster recovery
- Analyzing and managing the provisioning of cloud resources
- Troubleshooting issues related to capacity, connection, automation and security
View all available CompTIA certification training.
Implementing Controls for HIPAA Compliance Learning Path
Learn how to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of protected health information (PHI) and electronic protected health information (ePHI) in the new Implementing Controls for HIPAA Compliance Learning Path. Seven courses from IT policy and compliance administrator April Powers will get you up to speed on:
- HIPAA security and privacy models and protocols
- Best practices for implementing HIPAA controls
- Common network implementing HIPAA controls
- Understanding the NIST and HIPAA security crosswalk
- HIPAA privacy rule standards
- HIPAA security incidents and data breaches
- Implementing a successful HIPAA compliance plan
Other new and updated content
Purple Team Privilege Escalation Project
Gain hands-on experience exploiting and mitigating vulnerabilities that allow an unauthorized user to escalate privileges. In this project, three labs allow you to play the part of both the attacker and defender as you learn about sudo abuse, path injection attacks, and how to discover and remove sensitive information from Git repositories.
Cisco Certified CyberOps Associate (update)
This learning path prepares you to pass the new Understanding Cisco Cybersecurity Operations Fundamentals exam (200-201 CBROPS) and become a Cisco Certified CyberOps Associate.
AWS Essentials & Solutions Architect Associate (update)
This learning path prepares you to pass the new version of the AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate Exam (SAA-C02).
Team reporting and assigned content
Track your team’s progress over time
Team admins can now filter their learning time report by date to get additional insights into their team’s usage and skill development. The learning time report provides an at-a-glance rollup of how much time learners spent on different Infosec Skills training assets, including:
- Training videos
- Hands-on labs
- Skills assessments
- Certification practice exams
Infosec Skills team admins can also drill down into a detailed view of each learner — or track training progress by learning path or boot camp enrollment.
Add and remove assigned content to groups
Assigning learning paths to groups can now be done directly from any learning path page in Infosec Skills, giving team admins more ways to find content and assign it to their teams. Team admins can also un-assign learning paths from any group via the learning path home page.
See what’s coming next
Want a preview of the upcoming content for Infosec Skills? Check out our LX Labs content roadmap to see what learning paths, cyber ranges and boot camp updates are coming next.