InfoSec Institute’s Secure Coding for iOS Platform 2-day Intense Course provides in-depth coverage of iOS key security features as well as related vulnerabilities, attacks and mitigation techniques.
iOS is a mobile operating system distributed exclusively for Apple hardware and designed with security at its core; key security features including sandboxing, native language exploit mitigations or hardware supported encryption all offer a very effective environment for secure software development. The devil is however in the details – a programmer can still commit plenty of mistakes to make the resulting apps vulnerable. This course introduces the iOS security model and the usage of various components, but also deals with the vulnerabilities and attacks, focusing on the mitigation techniques and the best practices to avoid them.
Our classroom trainings come with a number of easy-to-understand exercises providing live hacking fun. By accomplishing these exercises with the lead of the trainer, participants can analyze vulnerable code snippets and commit attacks against them in order to fully understand the root causes of certain security problems. All exercises are prepared in a plug-and-play manner by using a pre-set desktop virtual machine, which provides a uniform development environment. InfoSec Institute's Secure Coding for iOS Platform Course offers you two (2) days of training with a real iOS Security expert. Our experts have extensive iOS development experience as well as years of experience performing security code reviews.
Secure Coding for iOS Course Objectives
Participants in our Secure Coding for iOS Platform Course will:
- Understand basic concepts of security, IT security and secure coding
- Learn the security solutions on iPhone
- Learn to use various security features of iOS
- Get information about some recent vulnerabilities of iOS
- Learn about typical coding mistakes and how to avoid them
- Get practical knowledge in using security testing tools
- Get sources and further reading on secure coding practices
Who Should Attend:
- iOS application developers, architects and testers who want to understand the security features of iOS as well as the typical mistakes one can commit on this platform
The courses below are excellent follow-on classes:
- Secure Coding in Java
- Secure Coding in .NET
- Secure Coding for Android Platform