Get certified, guaranteed
Everything you need to earn your CIPM, CIPT and CIPP/US
- 1-Year access to all boot camp video replays and materials
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Exam Pass Guarantee
- Exam voucher
- Free annual Infosec Skills subscription ($299 value!)
- Knowledge Transfer Guarantee
- One year IAPP membership
- Unlimited practice exam attempts
What you'll learn
This course is designed to prepare you for the Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US), Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT) and Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM) certification exams.
- The CIPP/US certification focuses on U.S. privacy laws and regulations. You will learn about cross-sector limits on the collection and use of data and about specific regulations for the medical, financial, education, telecommunications and marketing sectors. The course also covers laws governing access to private information by law enforcement and national security agencies, issues related to workplace privacy and important state privacy laws.
- The CIPT certification focuses on core privacy concepts and essential elements of embedding privacy in information technology. The course covers privacy considerations for every stage of the information life cycle as well as effective privacy-enhancing techniques and technologies, including access management, data encryption and privacy-by-design principles. You will also learn about online services and technologies with specific privacy requirements and considerations, such as social media, cloud computing, and web browser privacy and security.
- The CIPM certification focuses on privacy and data protection practices in the development, measurement and improvement of a privacy program. The course covers organizational-level privacy program governance, development, implementation and measurement of a privacy program framework as well as the application of the privacy operational life cycle.
Day 1: U.S. laws, models and collecting data
- Course introduction
- Structure of U.S. law and enforcement models
- Regulating collection and use of data in the private sector
Day 2: Access, privacy and state laws
- Access to private information by government and courts
- Workplace privacy
- State privacy laws
Day 3: Privacy fundamentals and life cycle
- Importance of privacy in IT environment
- Privacy fundamentals
- Privacy in the information life cycle
Day 4: Privacy technologies, techniques and controls
- Privacy-enabling technologies and controls
- Common privacy techniques
- Privacy in online environment
- Privacy and emerging technologies
Day 5: Privacy program governance
- Organizational level
- Developing the privacy program framework
Day 6: Privacy operational life cycle
- Stage I: Assess (privacy operational life cycle)
- Stage II: Protect (privacy operational life cycle)
- Stage III: Sustain (privacy operational life cycle)
- Stage IV: Respond (privacy operational life cycle)
Our boot camp guarantees
Exam Pass Guarantee
If you don’t pass your exam on the first attempt, get a second attempt for free. Includes the ability to re-sit the course for free for up to one year (does not apply to CMMC-AB boot camps).
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
If you’re not 100% satisfied with your training at the end of the first day, you may withdraw and enroll in a different online or in-person course.
Knowledge Transfer Guarantee
If an employee leaves within three months of obtaining certification, Infosec will train a different employee at the same organization tuition-free for up to one year.
Unlock team training discounts
If you’re like many of our clients, employee certification is more than a goal — it’s a business requirement. Connect with our team to learn more about our training discounts.