Scholarship Opportunities for Aspiring Cybersecurity Professionals
Here is the list of the 2019 Infosec Scholarship winners
Congratulations to the 2019 Infosec Scholarship recipients!
Diversity Scholarship Recipients
- Jessica Chiou — San Francisco, California
- Steffanie Schilling — Painesville, Ohio
- Samuel Williams — Jacksonville, Florida
Undergraduate Scholarship Recipients
- Michaela Adams — Aliso Viejo, California — Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Benn Garrett — Stilwell, Oklahoma — Park University
- Sarah Kalupa — Elm Grove, Wisconsin — University of Wisconsin – Madison
Women Scholarship Recipients
- Tanu Kaushik — Mountain View, California
- Cynthia Reynolds — Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
- Molly Schoenecker — St. Louis Park, Minnesota
Military and Veteran Scholarship Recipients
- Alex Hardy – Indianapolis, Indiana (U.S. Army Reserves)
- Gary Henderson – Bowie, Maryland (Army)
- Jennifer Pack – Spotsylvania, Virginia (Army)
The cybersecurity skills shortage is a growing crisis facing organizations, with experts predicting more than three million job openings around the world by 2021. Current data from CyberSeek indicates more than 313,000 cybersecurity jobs are open in the U.S.
“We believe good people empowered with the right education can beat the bad guys,” said Jack Koziol, Infosec CEO. “Businesses big and small, governments, and organizations everywhere are struggling to find the talent they need to keep their data safe from attacks. We hope these scholarships will encourage new talent to join us in the fight against cybercrime.”
Established to encourage new talent to join the industry and close this growing security skills gap, Infosec launched its Cybersecurity Scholarship Program in 2018. The program has expanded in 2019 with the help of the Computer Technology Industry Association (CompTIA), the world’s leading provider of IT certifications.
All 12 scholarship recipients receive both free Infosec training and CompTIA certification vouchers, plus one specialization course of the winner’s choice. The total value of the program exceeds $155,000.
The Infosec Cybersecurity Scholarship Program is designed to guide aspiring security professionals through a progressive career path. Highlighting the numerous cybersecurity career opportunities, the scholarships give recipients the skills, credentials and experience needed to secure a professional-level cybersecurity position. Selection criteria vary by scholarship but exclusively focus on those seeking a career in cybersecurity.
Provided award-winning training includes:
- CompTIA Network+ Flex Pro boot camp and voucher
- CompTIA Security+ Flex Pro boot camp and voucher
- Specialization course (student’s choice of online courses)
Application submissions are now closed
Winners were announced Sept. 30, 2019.