Everything you need to earn your certification
- 1-Year access to all boot camp video replays and materials
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Free annual Infosec Skills subscription ($299 value!)
- Knowledge Transfer Guarantee
- Pre-study learning path
What you'll learn
The Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) set of standards was developed by the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) to ensure the protection of any assets used to operate North America’s Bulk Electric System (BES). Any entity that owns or operates any type of BES in the United States, Canada and Mexico must be compliant with NERC CIP requirements.
This boot camp provides a thorough review and analysis of NERC CIP standards currently subject to enforcement, as well as the ones that are subject to future enforcement. It discusses the history and background of NERC CIP, the process of development and implementation of new standards, the role of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and Regional Entities, the reasons behind common compliance violations, and best practices for building an effective compliance program.
- Introduction to NERC, FERC and NERC CIP
- Short history of NERC CIP
- What does it mean to comply with NERC CIP?
- What are the currently-enforceable CIP standards? What is coming soon?
- CIP-002: Sets scope for NERC CIP
- CIP-003: Security awareness, security training, security policies and low impact requirements
- CIP-004: Personnel
- CIP-005: Firewalls, electronic security perimeters, interactive remote access
- CIP-006: Physical security of BES Cyber Systems
- CIP-007: Systems security management
- CIP-008: Incident response plans
- CIP-009: Backup and recovery plans
- CIP-010: Configuration management, security vulnerability assessments, laptops and USB sticks
- CIP-011: Information protection, device disposal or reuse
- CIP-012: Protection of communications between control centers
- CIP-013: Supply chain security
- CIP-014: Physical protection of key substations
- The biggest issue in NERC CIP today: Why can’t we put BES Cyber Systems in the cloud?
- What’s the longer-term direction for NERC CIP?
Our boot camp guarantees
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
If you’re not 100% satisfied with your training at the end of the first day, you may withdraw and enroll in a different online or in-person course.
Knowledge Transfer Guarantee
If an employee leaves within three months of obtaining certification, Infosec will train a different employee at the same organization tuition-free for up to one year.
Unlock team training discounts
If you’re like many of our clients, employee certification is more than a goal — it’s a business requirement. Connect with our team to learn more about our training discounts.