Learn Windows Registry Forensics
The Windows Registry Forensics learning path will enable you to understand the purpose and structure of the files that create the Windows Registry. You will learn to identify, extract and interpret important data from a live and non-live Windows Registry.
Windows Registry Forensics training
This learning path teaches you the necessary skills to conduct a complete and accurate examination of the Windows Registry. As you progress through eight courses and the hands-on project, you’ll build the necessary skills to define and understand the Windows Registry. You will be able to locate the registry files within a computer’s file system, both live and non-live. The path will show you how to examine the registry and locate data significant to your investigation, correctly interpret the significant data found within the registry and put all your findings together to form a fact-based conclusion for your report.
Learning path components
What you’ll learn.
- Structure of registry hives
- Types of forensic evidence
- Common forensics software and tools
- Finding information on different hive files (NTUser.Dat, software, system, UsrClass.dat, AmCache)
- Exporting and interpreting data
Who is this for?
- Forensic investigators
- Cybercrime analysts
- Cybersecurity professionals
- Law enforcement professionals
- Anyone looking to learn more about Windows Registry Forensics
You're in good company
Infosec Skills is a very good place for building technical acumen and engineering development knowledge. It enables us to provide training to the entire team on relevant topics.
Romy Ricafort, West Division Senior Director of Sales Engineering
Comparing Infosec to other vendors is like comparing apples to oranges. My instructor was hands-down the best I've had.
James Coyle , Senior U.S. Public Sector Channel Sales Engineer
Train on your schedule
- 600+ courses
- 100s of hands-on labs and projects
- 70+ role-based learning paths
- Skill assessments
- Custom learning paths
- Custom certification practice exams
- Cloud-hosted cyber ranges
- Infosec peer community support
Infosec Skills Teams
- All Infosec Skills content for the year
- Team boot camp discounts — online or onsite (not included with subscription)
- Team administration and reporting
- Custom team learning paths
- Transferable licenses
- Dedicated client success manager
Award-winning training that you can trust
Best Software - Highest Satisfaction
Best IT Security-related Training Program
Best Cybersecurity Education Provider & Best Security Education Platform
Most Innovative Product - Cybersecurity Training for Infosec Professionals
Global Excellence - Cyber Security Education & Training
Exceptional learning experiences powered by LX Labs cyber expertise
Infosec Skills courses and labs are powered by LX Labs — our elite team of cyber SMEs, learning specialists and community of top-ranked security instructors, published authors and sought-after industry leaders. We rigorously vet all Infosec Skills training resources to guarantee they meet certification and compliance requirements and align with recognized guidelines like the NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.