NIST Cybersecurity FrameworkGet ready to explore the NIST Cybersecurity Framework learning path, where we peek behind the curtain of NIST cybersecurity fundamentals. Learn about the industry-recognized framework for improving infrastructure cybersecurity.
What you will learn
Our NIST Cybersecurity Framework learning path begins by building a robust foundation with the basics of cybersecurity. We break down the complexities of the Cybersecurity Framework components, get up close with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and learn how its principles affect information systems and organizations. Explore how to navigate the RMF process and become a master of managing risk — identifying, assessing and responding to it like a true cybersecurity expert. Look at how organizations assess their cybersecurity risks and take steps to implement or enhance their cybersecurity program.
Explore the five Framework Core Functions by diving into their categories, subcategories and references. Discover the art of self-assessment in cybersecurity risk — an essential tool for any organization's cyber toolbox — then walk through the seven-step process to create a brand-new cybersecurity program or strengthen an existing one. Complete your journey with a NIST Cybersecurity Framework project and skill assessment, where you have the chance to showcase your newly acquired NIST Cybersecurity Framework knowledge.
Who is this learning path for?
- Cybersecurity Beginners: Break into the cybersecurity field with this foundational learning path, providing an industry-recognized framework to understand and manage cybersecurity risk.
- Current IT and cybersecurity professionals: Whether you’re a SOC Analyst or a Security Architect, use this learning path to formalize your knowledge and potentially move into more NIST cybersecurity specializations.
- Information Risk Analysts: Risk officers or managers can find this path beneficial to understand the cybersecurity aspect of organizational risk and learn a structured approach to managing it.
- Privacy Managers: Professionals responsible for ensuring compliance with cybersecurity regulations and standards will find the NIST framework knowledge valuable.
- Security Managers: Business owners, executives or decision-makers can benefit from understanding the NIST Cybersecurity Framework to guide their organization's cybersecurity strategy and risk management process.
By the end of this learning path, you will:
- Understand cybersecurity basics, including information security concepts, legal/governmental guidelines, CSF roadmap and the C.I.A. cybersecurity fundamentals triad — confidentiality, integrity and availability
- Understand the CSF components and the seven-step CSF process
- Master risk management and frameworks
- Have knowledge of the NIST CSF, including the functional areas, categories, sub-categories and informative references
- Be able to assess an organization’s cybersecurity risk and either implement or improve a cybersecurity program
NIST Cyber Security Framework Skill Assessment
Assessment - 18 questions
NIST Cybersecurity Basics
Course - 00:47:00
Cybersecurity Framework Components
Course - 00:24:00
Course - 00:36:00
Cybersecurity Framework Core Functions
Course - 01:01:00
Cybersecurity Framework Self-Assessments
Course - 00:13:00
The 7-Step Cybersecurity Framework Process
Course - 00:09:00
NIST Cybersecurity Framework Summary & Tips
Course - 00:11:00
Learning path insights
How to claim CPEs
Should you complete this learning path, you’ll be able to download a certificate of completion. Use this to claim your CPEs or CPUs.
Associated NICE Work Roles
All Infosec training maps directly to the NICE Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity to guide you from beginner to expert across 52 Work Roles.
- All-Source Analyst
- Mission Assessment Specialist
- Exploitation Analyst
No software. No set up. Unlimited access.
Skip the server racks and spin up a realistic environment with one click. Infosec Skills cyber ranges require no additional software, hardware or server space so your team can spend less time configuring environments and more time learning. Unlimited cyber range access is included in every Infosec Skills subscription so your team can skill up however they learn best.
Plans & pricing
- Team administration and reporting
- Dedicated client success manager
Single sign-on (SSO)
Easily authenticate and manage your learners by connecting to any identity provider that supports the SAML 2.0 standard.
Integrations via API
Retrieve training performance and engagement metrics and integrate learner data into your existing LMS or HRS.
- 190+ role-guided learning paths and assessments (e.g., Incident Response)
- 100s of hands-on labs in cloud-hosted cyber ranges
- Create and assign custom learning paths
- Custom certification practice exams (e.g., CISSP, CISA)
- Optional upgrade: Guarantee team certification with live boot camps