Become a Certified Computer Forensics Examiner (CCFE)
The Certified Computer Forensics Examiner (CCFE) certification path teaches you the skills needed to investigate computer threats. You'll learn about performing forensics on hard drives, file systems and networks as well as the legal and ethical issues of investigating cybercrime.
Certified Computer Forensics Examiner (CCFE) training
This learning path builds your computer forensics skills and prepares you to earn your Certified Computer Forensics Examiner (CCFE) certification. You’ll learn the foundations of computer forensics as you progress through 16 courses tied to the primary CCFE certification exam objectives. Upon completion, you’ll be prepared to earn your CCFE certification and have a proven base of knowledge around conducting computer forensics investigations.
Learning path components
CCFE Custom Practice Exam
CCFE Skill Assessment
Computer Forensics as a Profession
Digital Evidence and Legal Issues
Aspects of Hard Drives
Email and Browser Forensics
Network Forensics Concepts
Passwords and Encryption
New and Emerging Technologies
Introduction to Mobile Forensics
File and Operating System Forensics
Computer Forensics Investigations
What you’ll learn.
The CCFE certification exam covers the following primary objectives:
- Law, ethics and legal issues
- The investigation process
- Computer forensic tools
- Hard disk evidence recovery & integrity
- Digital device recovery & integrity
- File system forensics
- Evidence analysis & correlation
- Evidence recovery of Windows-based systems
- Network and volitile memory forensics
- Report writing
Who is this for?
Basic computer skills, including the ability or desire to work outside the Windows GUI interface, are necessary. A+ certification and/or similar training and experience is not required, but recommended.
This certification path is designed for:
- Law enforcement professionals looking to expand into computer crime investigations
- Legal professionals
- IT/security professionals being tasked with corporate forensics and incident handling
- Anyone who wants to get certified in computer forensics!
You're in good company
Infosec Skills is a very good place for building technical acumen and engineering development knowledge. It enables us to provide training to the entire team on relevant topics.
Romy Ricafort, West Division Senior Director of Sales Engineering
Comparing Infosec to other vendors is like comparing apples to oranges. My instructor was hands-down the best I've had.
James Coyle , Senior U.S. Public Sector Channel Sales Engineer
Train on your schedule
- 600+ courses
- 100s of hands-on labs and projects
- 70+ role-based learning paths
- Skill assessments
- Custom learning paths
- Custom certification practice exams
- Cloud-hosted cyber ranges
- Infosec peer community support
Infosec Skills Teams
- All Infosec Skills content for the year
- Team boot camp discounts — online or onsite (not included with subscription)
- Team administration and reporting
- Custom team learning paths
- Transferable licenses
- Dedicated client success manager
Award-winning training that you can trust
Best Software - Highest Satisfaction
Best IT Security-related Training Program
Best Cybersecurity Education Provider & Best Security Education Platform
Most Innovative Product - Cybersecurity Training for Infosec Professionals
Global Excellence - Cyber Security Education & Training
Exceptional learning experiences powered by LX Labs cyber expertise
Infosec Skills courses and labs are powered by LX Labs — our elite team of cyber SMEs, learning specialists and community of top-ranked security instructors, published authors and sought-after industry leaders. We rigorously vet all Infosec Skills training resources to guarantee they meet certification and compliance requirements and align with recognized guidelines like the NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.