USRClass.dat Hive FileThis course identifies and explains forensic artifacts found in the UsrClass.dat hive file.
Course descriptionThis course will look at the UsrClass.dat hive. The examiner will learn to explain Windows ShellBags, which track user-specific zip files and folder access and settings, including dates and times even on deleted folders and removable media. The examiner will also learn to interpret the sub-key MuiCache, to include installed applications. The Microsoft Photo App, showing recently accessed image files, will also be explored.
MuiCache and Managed By App Sub-keys
Video - 00:16:00
This video explains the MuiCache subkey within UsrClass. This is an indication of program execution and interaction with the Windows shell by a specific user.
Video - 00:17:00
This video explains the structure and information contained within ShellBags. Will show folders (directories) interacted with by a specific user even if folder is deleted or was accessed on removable media.
Associated NICE Work Roles
All Infosec training maps directly to the NICE Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity to guide you from beginner to expert across 52 Work Roles.
- All-Source Analyst
- Mission Assessment Specialist
- Multi-Disciplined Language Analyst
Plans & pricing
- Team administration and reporting
- Dedicated client success manager
Single sign-on (SSO)
Easily authenticate and manage your learners by connecting to any identity provider that supports the SAML 2.0 standard.
Integrations via API
Retrieve training performance and engagement metrics and integrate learner data into your existing LMS or HRS.
- 190+ role-guided learning paths and assessments (e.g., Incident Response)
- 100s of hands-on labs in cloud-hosted cyber ranges
- Create and assign custom learning paths
- Custom certification practice exams (e.g., CISSP, CISA)
- Optional upgrade: Guarantee team certification with live boot camps