US State Data Breach Notification LawsWrap up this path with an exploration of US state data breach notification laws.
Course descriptionStudents will learn about several US state data breach notification laws. They will review California's data breach notification law, which was the first of its kind in the US. They’ll explore other laws in Texas, New York, Massachusetts, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia. Students will also review individual definitions of breaches, notification requirements, safe harbor requirements and more.
Learning Path Reference Guide
File - 00:10:00
District of Columbia D.C. Code § 28-3851 et seq.
Video - 00:13:00
Puerto Rico P.R. Laws tit. 10, § 4051 et seq.
Video - 00:13:00
Mass. Gen. Laws 93H § 1 et seq.
Video - 00:14:00
N.Y. Gen. Bus. Law § 899-aa
Video - 00:16:00
Tex. Bus. & Com. Code §§ 521.002, 521.053, 521.151-152
Video - 00:12:00
Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80 et seq.; Cal. Health & Safety Code § 1280.15
Video - 00:17:00
Introduction to US data breach notification laws
Video - 00:08:00
Associated NICE Work Roles
All Infosec training maps directly to the NICE Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity to guide you from beginner to expert across 52 Work Roles.
- All-Source Analyst
- Mission Assessment Specialist
- Exploitation Analyst
Plans & pricing
- Team administration and reporting
- Dedicated client success manager
Single sign-on (SSO)
Easily authenticate and manage your learners by connecting to any identity provider that supports the SAML 2.0 standard.
Integrations via API
Retrieve training performance and engagement metrics and integrate learner data into your existing LMS or HRS.
- 190+ role-guided learning paths and assessments (e.g., Incident Response)
- 100s of hands-on labs in cloud-hosted cyber ranges
- Create and assign custom learning paths
- Custom certification practice exams (e.g., CISSP, CISA)
- Optional upgrade: Guarantee team certification with live boot camps