Software Hive FileThis course will show examiners how to locate information of forensic value relating to application execution and installation contained within the software hive file.
Course descriptionThe course will provide an overview of the forensic artifacts found in the software hive file, such as installed programs and applications, operating system type, install date and time, wireless network information, file association, domain logon information, the last logged-on user, programs set to run at startup and tracking USB devices that were attached to the system.
Video - 00:11:00
Take a look at information regarding devices connected to the local machine, including serial numbers, dates and times.
Network List Subkey
Video - 00:15:00
An overview of the information contained in the network list subkey, including wireless connection dates and times as well as the gateway MAC address.
Software File Subkeys of Interest
Video - 00:38:00
This video provides an overview of subkeys within the software hive indicating software installation and execution. The subkeys can contain last execution dates and times, or installation dates and times.
Associated NICE Work Roles
All Infosec training maps directly to the NICE Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity to guide you from beginner to expert across 52 Work Roles.
- All-Source Analyst
- Mission Assessment Specialist
- Multi-Disciplined Language Analyst
Plans & pricing
- Team administration and reporting
- Dedicated client success manager
Single sign-on (SSO)
Easily authenticate and manage your learners by connecting to any identity provider that supports the SAML 2.0 standard.
Integrations via API
Retrieve training performance and engagement metrics and integrate learner data into your existing LMS or HRS.
- 190+ role-guided learning paths and assessments (e.g., Incident Response)
- 100s of hands-on labs in cloud-hosted cyber ranges
- Create and assign custom learning paths
- Custom certification practice exams (e.g., CISSP, CISA)
- Optional upgrade: Guarantee team certification with live boot camps