Network basicsA look at network basics for the computer forensics investigator.
Course descriptionThis course describes what a network is, how it functions, what IP addresses are and an IP address’s function on the network. This course also explores what a MAC address is and why it is vital to network forensics. Internet protocols are also covered.
The OSI model
Video - 00:07:00
In this module, we'll explore the OSI model.
Video - 00:09:00
In this module, you'll take a look at the Internet Protocol.
IP and Mac addresses
Video - 00:05:00
In this module, you'll learn about IP and MAC addresses.
Definition of a network and how it works
Video - 00:05:00
In this module, you'll explore the definition of a network and how it works.
Associated NICE Work Roles
All Infosec training maps directly to the NICE Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity to guide you from beginner to expert across 52 Work Roles.
- All-Source Analyst
- Mission Assessment Specialist
- Exploitation Analyst
Plans & pricing
- Team administration and reporting
- Dedicated client success manager
Single sign-on (SSO)
Easily authenticate and manage your learners by connecting to any identity provider that supports the SAML 2.0 standard.
Integrations via API
Retrieve training performance and engagement metrics and integrate learner data into your existing LMS or HRS.
- 190+ role-guided learning paths and assessments (e.g., Incident Response)
- 100s of hands-on labs in cloud-hosted cyber ranges
- Create and assign custom learning paths
- Custom certification practice exams (e.g., CISSP, CISA)
- Optional upgrade: Guarantee team certification with live boot camps