MonitoringIn this course, you'll explore the different elements involved in planning the monitoring of a web server, as well as what to look for on the logs and alarms.
Course descriptionLearn about the considerations for planning a web server platform for monitoring and log collection, as well as the importance of time synchronization and identifying characteristics of what normal is in a web application in order to leverage that knowledge for identifying anomalies. The course also includes an introduction to Security Onion and network security monitoring and how to use it to monitor the webserver traffic. You'll also learn considerations for setting up good alerts.
Video - 00:15:00
Video - 00:31:00
Video - 00:30:00
Profiling the Web Server
Video - 00:23:00
Video - 00:17:00
Video - 00:10:00
Collecting the Logs
Video - 00:16:00
Log Life Cycle
Video - 00:17:00
Associated NICE Work Roles
All Infosec training maps directly to the NICE Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity to guide you from beginner to expert across 52 Work Roles.
- System Administrator
- Systems Security Analyst
- Network Operations Specialist
Plans & pricing
- Team administration and reporting
- Dedicated client success manager
Single sign-on (SSO)
Easily authenticate and manage your learners by connecting to any identity provider that supports the SAML 2.0 standard.
Integrations via API
Retrieve training performance and engagement metrics and integrate learner data into your existing LMS or HRS.
- 190+ role-guided learning paths and assessments (e.g., Incident Response)
- 100s of hands-on labs in cloud-hosted cyber ranges
- Create and assign custom learning paths
- Custom certification practice exams (e.g., CISSP, CISA)
- Optional upgrade: Guarantee team certification with live boot camps