Local Account SecurityExplore account security through automatic prompting, application blocking and more.
Course descriptionAdministrator and non-administrator accounts are used for different reasons. Learn how to use policies, single sign-on and UAC to protect yourself and anyone else who uses your computer.
AppLocker using Group Policy Demo
Video - 00:12:00
Learn how to use AppLocker in Group Policy to allow other servers and clients to run only approved applications.
Video - 00:02:00
Learn how to use AppLocker to allow only specific applications to run on your Windows Server.
Domain vs Workgroup Accounts demo
Video - 00:06:00
A demonstration of how to move a computer from a workgroup to an Active Directory domain.
Domain vs Workgroup Accounts
Video - 00:03:00
Computer accounts are on a workgroup when first created, but you can join them to an Active Directory domain to increase security and have centralized control.
Configuring UAC Demo
Video - 00:02:00
Universal Access Control is demonstrated, showing how to properly prompt you based on your security needs.
Associated NICE Work Roles
All Infosec training maps directly to the NICE Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity to guide you from beginner to expert across 52 Work Roles.
- Exploitation Analyst
- Cyber Operator
- Law Enforcement / Counterintelligence Forensics Analyst
Plans & pricing
- Team administration and reporting
- Dedicated client success manager
Single sign-on (SSO)
Easily authenticate and manage your learners by connecting to any identity provider that supports the SAML 2.0 standard.
Integrations via API
Retrieve training performance and engagement metrics and integrate learner data into your existing LMS or HRS.
- 190+ role-guided learning paths and assessments (e.g., Incident Response)
- 100s of hands-on labs in cloud-hosted cyber ranges
- Create and assign custom learning paths
- Custom certification practice exams (e.g., CISSP, CISA)
- Optional upgrade: Guarantee team certification with live boot camps