Introduction to Web Application PentestingThis course introduces students to the learning path and walks them through getting their own workstation set up and configured for use throughout the rest of the path’s courses.
Course descriptionThe first course in the learning path covers workstation setup, including installation and configuration of Burp Suite with the Firefox web browser. Certificate installation and proxy configurations are covered in order to allow newcomers to start pentesting immediately. We also cover a walkthrough of how to install your own virtualized instance of the popular OWASP Juice Shop project and how to register for the Portswigger Web Security Academy. The final video of the course covers Imposter Syndrome, which is commonly experienced by new entrants to this difficult field.
Welcome to the Web Application Pentesting path!
Video - 00:03:00
Video - 00:22:00
Portswigger Academy Setup
Video - 00:02:00
Juice Shop Installation
Video - 00:04:00
Video - 00:17:00
Introduction to Web Application Pentesting
Video - 00:15:00
Associated NICE Work Roles
All Infosec training maps directly to the NICE Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity to guide you from beginner to expert across 52 Work Roles.
- Law Enforcement / Counterintelligence Forensics Analyst
- Cyber Defense Forensics Analyst
- Cyber Crime Investigator
Plans & pricing
- Team administration and reporting
- Dedicated client success manager
Single sign-on (SSO)
Easily authenticate and manage your learners by connecting to any identity provider that supports the SAML 2.0 standard.
Integrations via API
Retrieve training performance and engagement metrics and integrate learner data into your existing LMS or HRS.
- 190+ role-guided learning paths and assessments (e.g., Incident Response)
- 100s of hands-on labs in cloud-hosted cyber ranges
- Create and assign custom learning paths
- Custom certification practice exams (e.g., CISSP, CISA)
- Optional upgrade: Guarantee team certification with live boot camps