EncryptionA look at encryption fundamentals and privacy.
Course descriptionIn this course, students will explore privacy and encryption fundamentals. We’ll start with a high-level overview, including many of the terms you’ll need to fully understand encryption concepts. The course then delves into ciphers, algorithms and concepts like randomness and types of cryptographic attacks. We’ll also cover symmetric and asymmetric encryption in depth and talk about cryptographic hashing. We’ll round out the course with a look at public-key infrastructure (PKI) and cryptographic systems.
Video - 00:07:00
How cryptography components work together in systems.
Video - 00:06:00
PKI is a system that has developed over time to support public-key encryption.
Two types of encryption and a side of hash, please!
Video - 00:16:00
Symmetric and asymmetric encryption, as well as cryptographic hashing.
Video - 00:22:00
This is possibly the most important tool we have in keeping data secure, and by extension, private.
Associated NICE Work Roles
All Infosec training maps directly to the NICE Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity to guide you from beginner to expert across 52 Work Roles.
- Law Enforcement / Counterintelligence Forensics Analyst
- Cyber Defense Forensics Analyst
- System Administrator
Plans & pricing
- Team administration and reporting
- Dedicated client success manager
Single sign-on (SSO)
Easily authenticate and manage your learners by connecting to any identity provider that supports the SAML 2.0 standard.
Integrations via API
Retrieve training performance and engagement metrics and integrate learner data into your existing LMS or HRS.
- 190+ role-guided learning paths and assessments (e.g., Incident Response)
- 100s of hands-on labs in cloud-hosted cyber ranges
- Create and assign custom learning paths
- Custom certification practice exams (e.g., CISSP, CISA)
- Optional upgrade: Guarantee team certification with live boot camps