Creating a disk imageIn this course, you'll explore the importance of creating a disk image.
Course descriptionForensic examiners need to be meticulous in their work to avoid cross-contamination when creating a bit-stream copy. This course explains the importance of sterilizing media, how to validate tools, proper application of the write-blocker and validating the forensic bit-stream copy.
Linux DD Command
Video - 00:16:00
In this module, we'll take a look at the Linux DD command.
Creating and validating a forensic image
Video - 00:15:00
In this module, you'll learn about creating and validating a forensic image.
Video - 00:14:00
In this module, you'll take a look at write blockers.
Validating your tools
Video - 00:09:00
In this module, you'll learn about validating your tools.
Sterilizing target media
Video - 00:08:00
In this module, you'll learn about sterilizing target media.
Associated NICE Work Roles
All Infosec training maps directly to the NICE Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity to guide you from beginner to expert across 52 Work Roles.
- Cyber Operator
- Law Enforcement / Counterintelligence Forensics Analyst
- Cyber Defense Forensics Analyst
Plans & pricing
- Team administration and reporting
- Dedicated client success manager
Single sign-on (SSO)
Easily authenticate and manage your learners by connecting to any identity provider that supports the SAML 2.0 standard.
Integrations via API
Retrieve training performance and engagement metrics and integrate learner data into your existing LMS or HRS.
- 190+ role-guided learning paths and assessments (e.g., Incident Response)
- 100s of hands-on labs in cloud-hosted cyber ranges
- Create and assign custom learning paths
- Custom certification practice exams (e.g., CISSP, CISA)
- Optional upgrade: Guarantee team certification with live boot camps