Covert channels and exfiltrationThis course demonstrates how covert communications work, using packet capturing techniques.
Course descriptionIn this course, you will see a detailed demonstration to show the difference between encrypted and non-encrypted threat actor communications. You will also see a unique covert channel tool in use as it uses ICMP packets to covertly deliver an encryption key to malware in an overt way.
Video - 00:14:00
A look at covert communications.
Associated NICE Work Roles
All Infosec training maps directly to the NICE Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity to guide you from beginner to expert across 52 Work Roles.
- All Source-Collection Manager
- Cyber Operator
- Law Enforcement / Counterintelligence Forensics Analyst
Plans & pricing
- Team administration and reporting
- Dedicated client success manager
Single sign-on (SSO)
Easily authenticate and manage your learners by connecting to any identity provider that supports the SAML 2.0 standard.
Integrations via API
Retrieve training performance and engagement metrics and integrate learner data into your existing LMS or HRS.
- 190+ role-guided learning paths and assessments (e.g., Incident Response)
- 100s of hands-on labs in cloud-hosted cyber ranges
- Create and assign custom learning paths
- Custom certification practice exams (e.g., CISSP, CISA)
- Optional upgrade: Guarantee team certification with live boot camps