CertificatesWhy do we need certificates on our Windows 10 host? This course covers the many different reasons for and types of certificates, helping you understand how and why you need them.
Course descriptionWindows 10 uses certificates in many ways. In this course, several are discussed and demonstrated. Learn how to create a certificate using PowerShell and what to do with the certificates to protect your computer.
Certificate Authority Installation and Use
Video - 00:10:00
See how to install a certificate authority and distribute trusted certificates to a Windows 10 host.
Certificate Demonstration Using Internet Information Services
Video - 00:23:00
Watch how to install and configure a secure website using Internet Information Services, which is a built-in feature for Windows 10.
Certificates Overview and Use in Windows 10
Video - 00:02:00
Learn how to protect your Windows 10 host from ransomware, using a new feature to block the ability to encrypt certain files and folders.
Associated NICE Work Roles
All Infosec training maps directly to the NICE Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity to guide you from beginner to expert across 52 Work Roles.
- Exploitation Analyst
- Cyber Operator
- Law Enforcement / Counterintelligence Forensics Analyst
Plans & pricing
- Team administration and reporting
- Dedicated client success manager
Single sign-on (SSO)
Easily authenticate and manage your learners by connecting to any identity provider that supports the SAML 2.0 standard.
Integrations via API
Retrieve training performance and engagement metrics and integrate learner data into your existing LMS or HRS.
- 190+ role-guided learning paths and assessments (e.g., Incident Response)
- 100s of hands-on labs in cloud-hosted cyber ranges
- Create and assign custom learning paths
- Custom certification practice exams (e.g., CISSP, CISA)
- Optional upgrade: Guarantee team certification with live boot camps