Analyzing Log DataThis course teaches how to analyze a wide array of log data by using common Windows- and Linux-based security tools and incorporate a SIEM system into the analysis process.
Course descriptionNow that you've collected security intelligence from a wide variety of log-based sources, you can begin to dissect those logs to reveal key information about potential threats and vulnerabilities. Log analysis is a powerful process that can turn your security intelligence into actionable data.
Parsing Log Data with Regular Expressions
Video - 00:13:00
Regular expressions is a way to more effectively parse and analyze logs. This video shows how that is done.
Use SIEM Tools for Analysis
Video - 00:07:00
This video shows the importance and value of a comprehensive log analysis platform, such as an SIEM.
Use Common Tools to Analyze Logs
Video - 00:11:00
This video looks at common log analysis tools and the use of SYSLOG to normalize log data into a common format.
Associated NICE Work Roles
All Infosec training maps directly to the NICE Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity to guide you from beginner to expert across 52 Work Roles.
- All-Source Analyst
- Mission Assessment Specialist
- Exploitation Analyst
Plans & pricing
- Team administration and reporting
- Dedicated client success manager
Single sign-on (SSO)
Easily authenticate and manage your learners by connecting to any identity provider that supports the SAML 2.0 standard.
Integrations via API
Retrieve training performance and engagement metrics and integrate learner data into your existing LMS or HRS.
- 190+ role-guided learning paths and assessments (e.g., Incident Response)
- 100s of hands-on labs in cloud-hosted cyber ranges
- Create and assign custom learning paths
- Custom certification practice exams (e.g., CISSP, CISA)
- Optional upgrade: Guarantee team certification with live boot camps