All About SSHIn this course, we will look at SSH usage and how to lock it down.
Course descriptionSSH is the sysadmin's best friend. We will look at some basics of SSH and how to use it to authenticate to remote servers, both with and without passwords. Securing SSH servers is very important, and we will review the various ways to lock down this critical service.
Hiding your SSH (or other daemons) with knockd
Video - 00:11:00
How to set up port knocking to hide your daemons.
Video - 00:11:00
Using TCP wrappers to further secure SSH.
SSH is great, but how do we make it more secure?
Video - 00:18:00
How to lock down SSH and SSH features. Explore allowing certain users, disallowing root, disallowing passwords, disallowing X forwarding and more.
What is ssh and why is it so important to Linux?
Video - 00:13:00
A look at SSH server, SSH client, password vs. public/private key authorization and ssh-agent.
Associated NICE Work Roles
All Infosec training maps directly to the NICE Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity to guide you from beginner to expert across 52 Work Roles.
- Exploitation Analyst
- Cyber Operator
- Law Enforcement / Counterintelligence Forensics Analyst
Plans & pricing
- Team administration and reporting
- Dedicated client success manager
Single sign-on (SSO)
Easily authenticate and manage your learners by connecting to any identity provider that supports the SAML 2.0 standard.
Integrations via API
Retrieve training performance and engagement metrics and integrate learner data into your existing LMS or HRS.
- 190+ role-guided learning paths and assessments (e.g., Incident Response)
- 100s of hands-on labs in cloud-hosted cyber ranges
- Create and assign custom learning paths
- Custom certification practice exams (e.g., CISSP, CISA)
- Optional upgrade: Guarantee team certification with live boot camps