InfoSec Institute is proud to offer the OWASP Top 10 training course. The primary aim of the OWASP Top 10 is to educate developers, designers, architects and organizations about the consequences of the most important web application security weaknesses. The Top 10 provides basic methods to protect against these high risk problem areas and provides guidance on where to go from there. The Top 10 project is referenced by many standards, books, tools, and organizations, including MITRE, PCI DSS, DISA, FTC, and many more. The OWASP Top 10 was initially released in 2003 and minor updates were made in 2004, 2007, 2010 and this 2013 release.
The most current, up-to-date hands-on secure coding training available anywhere!
- Proven Track Record—We have trained more developers secure coding courses than any other training company
- Expert instructors, with PROVEN field experience (authors of well known books, speakers at conferences)
- We take pride in saying that all of our instructors are active and experienced developers
- 40% of this course is hands-on lab exercises - designed to be engaging and not boring
- Our program includes a completion certificate for every attendee - used for PCI DSS compliance
What You'll LEARN
Created for developers with experience in any programming language, this course focuses on the most common security defects found in Web applications. To do this, each describes in detail each item included in the 2013 OWASP Top 10 list, with both an attention grabbing lecture and a hands-on lab exercise that students complete. This hands-on approach keeps developers engaged and ensures knowledge transfer of critical secure coding techniques. This Course:
- Allows developers with experience in diverse languages to learn a common body of knowledge since many of the most common issues are not language-specific
- Structure testing guidance so that it can be applied by developers or testers
- Provided remediation guidance to help eradicate specific issues
- Demonstrate how the issues are exploited by attackers
After successfully completing this course, you will:
- Understand the role of security in the software development lifecycle and how best to create secure applications
- Recognize the details of and the causes behind secure coding errors and mistakes
- Understand how these software security defects are exploited
- Understand discovery methods for these issues
- Understand the practices that help prevent the most common mistakes and lead to more secure software
This course applies to a broad audience. It is designed for professionals whose primary job function includes creating Web applications. This course is also strongly recommended for those involved with architecture and design (product and security architects and designers). Finally, QA security advocates and QA leads will find interest in the course because it improves their capability to incorporate security goals into testing.