GPEN Certification Training Boot Camp
Infosec offers this five-day accelerated GPEN boot camp to train and prepare you for the GIAC® Penetration Tester (GPEN) certification exam, the prestigious security certification created and administered by the Global Information Assurance Certification.
Become a GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN)
Boot camp overview
Our GPEN boot camp focuses on preparing you for the GPEN exam through engaging lectures and hands-on exercises. Penetration testing is a critical part of any organization’s IT security program and is required by multiple regulations and standards. You’ll leave with the ability to discover, assess and mitigate threats to information assets. GPEN holders demonstrate an understanding of penetration-testing methodologies, the relevant legal issues and the ability to properly conduct a penetration test using best practice technical and non-technical techniques.
Our program is designed around the GPEN topic areas and provides you with a quick and proven method for mastering the huge range of knowledge defined in the GPEN Exam Certification Objectives & Outcome Statements. This intense, five-day total immersion training experience is the product of a wide range of leading industry experts and authors, and has a significant return on investment, since you gain pentesting skills that are highly in demand, as well as the GIAC Penetration Tester certification.
Skill up and get certified, guaranteed
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
If you’re not 100% satisfied with your training at the end of the first day, you may withdraw and enroll in a different Flex Pro or Flex Classroom course.
Knowledge Transfer Guarantee
If an employee leaves within three months of obtaining certification, Infosec will train a different employee at the same organization tuition-free for up to one year.
- Five days of Infosec training with a leading security expert, bringing field experience and insight
- GPEN boot camp all-in-one textbook
- GPEN sample exam questions
- Pre-paid card to cover the cost of exam fees
- Pre-shipment of textbook
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Infosec Flex video archive of course you attend (Flex Pro)
- Infosec Flex detailed reporting on exam readiness (Flex Pro)
Hundreds of exercises in over 20 separate hands-on labs bring you up to speed with the latest threats to which your organization is most vulnerable. Practice penetration testing on our virtualized environment that simulates a full range of servers and services used in a real company. Learn how to compromise web servers, virtual machines, databases, routers and firewalls, and then put it all together in an unscripted evening CTF (capture the flag) exercise.
Award-winning training that you can trust
G2 Crowd High Performer
Technical Skills Development Software
Outstanding Partnership Award
Best Cybersecurity Education Provider
Security Training for Infosec Professionals
Top 20 Company
Who should attend?
- Penetration testers
- IT security professionals whose responsibilities involve conducting security assessments
- Ethical hackers
- IT security auditors
- Incident responders and computer forensic investigators
- IT and information security professionals who want to expand their knowledge about offensive security
- Firm understanding of the Windows operating system
- Basic understanding of Windows and Linux command line
- Working knowledge of computer networking and the TCP/IP protocols
- Basic understanding of cryptographic concepts
Can’t get away for a week?
Learn cybersecurity on-demand.
Get the cybersecurity training you need at a pace that fits your schedule with a subscription to Infosec Skills. Includes unlimited access to hundreds of additional on-demand courses — plus cloud-hosted cyber ranges where you can practice and apply knowledge in real-world scenarios — all for just $34 a month!
- 300+ courses
- 4 cyber range environments
- 100+ hands-on labs
- Certification practice exams
- 40+ learning paths
You're in good company.
"I’ve taken five boot camps with Infosec and all my instructors have been great."
"The course not only met my expectations, but exceeded them. It was the most engaging online training I’ve ever had."
"I knew Infosec could tell me what to expect on the exam and what topics to focus on most."
GPEN Boot Camp details
Day 1: Pentesting and reconnaissance
- Course overview
- Introduction to pentesting
- Role of penetration tester
- Penetration testing fundamentals
- Penetration testing process
- Penetration testing methodologies
- Penetration testing steps
- Reporting results
- Reconnaissance phase
- Finding and using publicly available information
- Passive recon methods
- Determining IP ranges
- Scanning tools and techniques
- Port scanning
- OS fingerprinting
- Service version scans
- Advanced scanning techniques
- Vulnerability scanning and mapping
Day 2: Exploitation
- Exploitation phase
- Types of exploits
- Finding and using exploits
- Metasploit framework components and terminology
- Metasploit modules
- Exploitation process with Metasploit
- Creating and encoding payloads with msfvenom
- Delivering payloads
- Command shell vs. terminal access
- Using meterpreter payload
- Basic password attacks (guessing)
- Obtaining and cracking password hashes
- Advanced password cracking tools and techniques
- Data exfiltration
- File manipulation and movement
Day 3: Command line and PowerShell
- Using Windows command line
- Learning advanced command line skills
- Gathering target system information via command line
- Windows exploitation tools
- Leveraging PowerShell
- PowerShell introduction
- PowerShell capabilities for pentesting
- Advanced port-exploitation techniques with PowerShell
Day 4: Web app and wireless pentesting
- Web application pentesting
- Web application vulnerabilities overview
- Scanning for web application vulnerabilities
- Using proxies
- Exploiting injection flaws
- Exploiting XSS and CSRF
- Attacking wireless networks
- Wireless networks fundamentals
- Wireless encryption standards
- Wireless pentesting tools and techniques
Day 5: Exam review
- GPEN exam review