CompTIA Project+ Training Boot Camp
Don't be afraid beginners! Infosec's CompTIA Project+ Boot Camp provides the most comprehensive approach to Project+ certification. Project+ certification leads to career advancement, personal improvement, skills enhancement, and higher salaries.
Earn your Project+, guaranteed!
Boot camp overview
Infosec’s five-day CompTIA Project+ Boot Camp focuses on preparing students for the PK0-004 certification exam. Our expert instructors not only ready students for the CompTIA Project+ exam, but also prepare attendees for real world challenges. This boot camp offers critical project management knowledge. Students learn about techniques and methodologies to successfully initiate, manage and support a project or business initiatives of any size or complexity.
Skill up and get certified, guaranteed
Exam Pass Guarantee
If you don’t pass your exam on the first attempt, get a second attempt for free. Includes the ability to re-sit the course for free for up to one year.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
If you’re not 100% satisfied with your training at the end of the first day, you may withdraw and enroll in a different Flex Pro or Flex Classroom course.
Knowledge Transfer Guarantee
If an employee leaves within three months of obtaining certification, Infosec will train a different employee at the same organization tuition-free for up to one year.
- Five days of expert training
- Infosec digital courseware (physical textbooks available to purchase)
- Project+ exam voucher
- 90-day access to course replays (Flex Pro)
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Exam Pass Guarantee (Flex Pro)
The CompTIA Project+ certification through the exam PK0-004, is a globally recognized and vendor neutral qualification. Certified project managers are equipped with the ability to initiate, manage, and create a unified understanding of project workflows among the participating team members of a project or business initiative.
Award-winning training that you can trust
Best Software - Highest Satisfaction
Best IT Security-related Training Program
Best Cybersecurity Podcast
Cyber Work with Chris Sienko
Innovation Award - Software
Technical Skills Development Software
Who should attend?
Not exclusive to IT professionals, we encourage any individual who wants to validate project management experience to take the Infosec Institute’s the CompTIA Project+ Bootcamp.
At least 12 months of cumulative project management experience directing or participating in small- to medium-scale projects recommended or equivalent education.
To prepare students for CompTIA Project+ exam PK0-004. The exam certifies the knowledge and skills required to manage the project life cycle, ensure appropriate, communication, manage resources, manage stakeholders, and maintain project documentation.
The five main objectives of the CompTIA Project+ exam include:
- Pre-project setup/initiating and definition of project scope.
- Project planning
- Project execution and delivery
- Project changes, control and communications
- Closure of a project
What you'll learn
Project management skills are needed in almost every field and can separate you from the rest of the workforce. CompTIA Project+ validates project management skills to employers, both inside and outside the IT profession. Even the smallest projects can benefit from project management processes.
Well-run projects save time and ensure continued focus on company goals. The CompTIA Project+ certification validates the communication and business skills you need to lead projects with confidence, complete projects on time and make sure you stay within budget.Project management skills are needed in almost every field and can separate you from the rest of the workforce. CompTIA Project+ validates project management skills to employers, both inside and outside the IT profession. Even the smallest projects can benefit from project management processes.
Can’t get away for a week?
Learn cybersecurity on-demand.
Get the cybersecurity training you need at a pace that fits your schedule with a subscription to Infosec Skills. Includes unlimited access to hundreds of additional on-demand courses — plus cloud-hosted cyber ranges where you can practice and apply knowledge in real-world scenarios — all for just $34 a month!
- 70+ learning paths
- 500+ courses
- Cloud-hosted cyber ranges and hands-on projects
- Skill assessments and certification practice exams
- Infosec community peer support
You're in good company.
Comparing Infosec to other vendors is like comparing apples to oranges. My instructor was hands-down the best I've had.
James Coyle , Senior U.S. Public Sector Channel Sales Engineer
I've taken five boot camps with Infosec and all my instructors have been great.
Northrop Grumman Corporation
Jeffrey Coa, Information Security Systems Officer
Project+ Boot Camp details
- Explain the requirements to complete a pre-project setup
- Identify the characteristics of a project
- Summarize the steps required to validate a project
- Explain the components of a project charter
- Outline the process groups of the project life cycle
- Explain the different types of organizational structures
- Prepare a project scope document based on an approved project charter
- Use a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and WBS dictionary to organize project planning
- Outline a process for managing changes to the project
- Develop a project schedule based on WBS, project scope and resource requirements
- Given a desired deliverable, apply the appropriate tool and/or method to produce the appropriate outcome
- Given a scenario, interpret the results of using the following tools and/or methods
- Identify components of an internal / external communication plan
- Outline the components of a risk management plan
- Identify roles and resource requirements based on WBS and resource availability
- Identify components of a quality management plan
- Explain the procurement process in a given situation
- Explain the purpose and common components of a transition plan
Project execution and delivery
- Coordinate human resources to maximize performance
- Explain the importance of a project kick-off meeting and outline the common activities performed during this meeting
- Recognize the purpose and influence of organizational governance on a project’s execution
- Given a scenario, select which component(s) of a project plan is affected and select what action(s) should be taken.
Change, control and communication
- Given a scenario, implement proper change management procedures
- Evaluate the impact of potential changes to triple constraint
- Using the risk management plan determine an appropriate response to potential risk / opportunity events
- Given a scenario, execute appropriate resource leveling techniques
- Explain the appropriate steps to ensure quality of project deliverables
- Identify potential tools to use when a project deliverable is out of specification as defined in the quality baseline
- Given a scenario, calculate and interpret the results of Earned Value
- Measurement (EVM)
- Given a scenario, manage and implement information distribution based on communications plan
- Recognize the special communication needs of remote and/or indirect project team members
- Explain the importance and benefits of formal project closure
- Identify circumstances in which project/phase closure might occur and identify steps to take when closure occurs
- Identify the components and purpose of closing documentation
Exceptional learning experiences powered by LX Labs cyber expertise
Infosec Skills boot camps are powered by LX Labs — our elite team of cyber SMEs, learning specialists and community of top-ranked security instructors, published authors and sought-after industry leaders. We rigorously vet each boot camp to guarantee it meets certification and compliance requirements and aligns with recognized guidelines like the NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.