Already have experience reverse engineering? Need to take your reversing skills to the next level? InfoSec Institute’s Advanced Reverse Engineering Reverse Malware course is the most in-depth,hands-on advanced-level malware reversing course in the industry!
In Advanced Reverse Engineering Malware, you will learn all of the latest techniques for reversing malware:
- Learn to reverse malware that utilizes multiple overlapping obfuscation techniques in both user and kernel space.
- Gain hands-on training for reversing binary and/or obfuscated Command and Control (C&C)communication protocols.
- Train on the various specialized tools and IDA plugins that make reversing complex malware possible.
Because modern malware makes use of sophisticated obfuscation techniques, you need to havespecific reversing skills in the deconstruction of various x86 assembler obfuscation tricks used by malware in order to be an expert malware reverser. This four day course bridges the gap between reversing “vanilla” compiler generated code and the nontrivial, complex code created by expert malware authors.
Modern malware typically is developed with some measure of Command and Control (C&C)communication capabilities. The C&C protocol can used to maintain a botnet, deliver package updates, send commands, and steal data from compromised machines. Understanding and reversing the underlying C&C protocol is essential to understanding the intention, functionality, and potentially the identity of the malware author. In the Advanced Reverse Engineering Malware course, you will learn how to reverse these C&C protocols from live malware examples that are currently in circulation.
Reversing obfuscated malware in some cases must be done programmatically. This requires you to understand how to use specialized plugins for IDA as well as other malware-specific tools in order to de-obsfucate various portions of the code under analysis. In other cases, hours or days of manual work can be saved by learning the proper use of a specific reversing tool. InfoSec Institute will teach you how to use these important tools in a series of hands-on labs during this course.
HOW YOU’LL BENEFIT:
- Gain the in-demand career skills of a reverse engineer. Very few information security professionals, incident response analysts and vulnerability researchers have the ability to reverse malware efficiently. You will undoubtedly be at the top of your professional field.
- Learn the methodologies, tools, and manual malware reversing techniques used real world situations in our reversing lab.
- Move beyond automated “sandbox” testing of malware.
- More than interesting theories and lecture, get your hands dirty in our dedicated reversing lab in this security training course.
Learn from Advanced Reversing Experts:
All of the instructors for InfoSec Institute’s Advanced Reverse Engineering Malware course active work in the field of reverse engineering or security research. Our instructors have spoken at high-profile conferences (such as the Black Hat Briefings, the RSA Security Conference, and the Pentagon Security Forum) and industry events.
CEREA: Certified Expert Reverse Engineering Analyst
In any hands on reverse engineer training course, it is important to have the opportunity to prove to current or potential employers that you have the skills you say you do. This course prepares you for the top reverse engineering certification in the industry, the CEREA. The exam is given on-site, InfoSec Institute has achieved a 91% pass rate for this certification.
- Firm understanding of the Windows Operating System
- Firm understanding of computer architecture concepts
- Grasp of the TCP/IP protocols
- Experience with Reverse Engineering or current CREA certification holder
If you are unsure if you meet the required prerequisites, contact us for a quick network security training skill check.