Understanding Operating SystemsBegin digging into the details of operating systems with this course on OS functions and interfaces.
Course descriptionHow, exactly, do operating systems work? What can you expect from your OS? Explore some of the relevant details of operating systems in this course covering operating system functions, operating system interfaces, Windows versions, Windows versus macOS and more.
Ask Me Anything About Understanding OSes
Video - 00:05:00
In this episode, Scott discusses Windows versions, Windows OS versus macOS, Windows 10 and selling an old laptop.
Operating System Interfaces
Video - 00:05:00
In this episode, Scott provides names for OS interface elements on a variety of OSes, from desktop to mobile.
Operating System Functions
Video - 00:04:00
In this episode, Scott explores the four functions common to every operating system, from desktop to mobile.
Associated NICE Work Roles
All Infosec training maps directly to the NICE Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity to guide you from beginner to expert across 52 Work Roles.
- Exploitation Analyst
- Cyber Operator
- Law Enforcement / Counterintelligence Forensics Analyst
Plans & pricing
- Team administration and reporting
- Dedicated client success manager
Single sign-on (SSO)
Easily authenticate and manage your learners by connecting to any identity provider that supports the SAML 2.0 standard.
Integrations via API
Retrieve training performance and engagement metrics and integrate learner data into your existing LMS or HRS.
- 190+ role-guided learning paths and assessments (e.g., Incident Response)
- 100s of hands-on labs in cloud-hosted cyber ranges
- Create and assign custom learning paths
- Custom certification practice exams (e.g., CISSP, CISA)
- Optional upgrade: Guarantee team certification with live boot camps