The latest technology in information security is Intrusion Prevention. Rather than relying on human intervention to respond to an attack, Intrusion Prevention Systems automatically stops hackers, worms, and disgruntled employees before their attacks can complete. This all happens before they can cause damage, potentially saving your organization millions. InIntrusion Prevention: Stop Hackers Before They Start, you will learn how this groundbreaking IPS technology works, how to deploy it, and how to manage it efficiently and effectively.
As with any new automated technology, there are many perils to avoid when implementing it. Just as Intrusion Prevention Systems can prevent hackers and worms, they can easily be configured incorrectly which can block legitimate users from doing their jobs. The intrusion prevention training you receive in this system and network security course will enable you to deploy intrusion prevention systems safely.
The Intrusion Prevention training offered by InfoSec Institute covers all areas of intrusion prevention. Host Intrusion Prevention and Network Intrusion Prevention are covered in great detail. You will learn the technical details that make Intrusion Prevention Systems so effective. Much of technical learning is best done by doing, so you will experience a multitude of hands on lab exercises using popular technologies like Entercept, Okena, Inline Snort, Netscreen, Internet Security Security Systems, Top Layer. Additionally, you will learn how to enable Intrusion Prevention features built into operating systems such as OpenBSD, Solaris, Linux and even Tru64.
HOW YOU'LL BENEFIT:
- Get practical skills planning, implementing and maintaining the hottest information security technology, IPS.
- Prevent hackers, worms, and disgruntled employees from destroying your organizations information assets, a skill that could be worth millions to your current or potential employer.
- Learn in a multi-platform enviornment. Get intrusion prevention training on Windows, Linux, BSD and Solaris. No one else offers this breadth and depth.
- More than interesting theories and lecture, get your hands dirty in our dedicated intrusion prevention training (IPS) lab.
- Learn hands-on skills that are difficult to gain in a corporate or government working environment, such as deploying multiple intrusion prevention systems (IPS) and attacking them.
- Understanding of the Windows Operating System
- Grasp the Linux Operating System or other Unix-based OS
- Understanding of the TCP/IP protocols
- Exposure to network reconnaissance and associated tools (nmap, nessus, netcat)
- Desire to learn about ethical hacking, and get great intrusion prevention training!
- If you are unsure if you meet the required prerequisites, contact us for a quick skill check.