InfoSec Institute offers the most in-depth course available for students needing to perform DoD Certification and Accreditation (C&A) duties under the DIACAP (Defense Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process). The DIACAP is the standard DoD process for identifying, implementing and validating Information Assurance controls for all DoD Information Systems.
Our DIACAP Boot Camp offers outstanding benefits, including:
- Dealing with transitioning to DIACAP head on
- Cost effective security with minimal performance impact
- How to create organization-wide motivation for IT security
- Exposure to the C&A Process and types of risk assessments
- Awareness of strategies for controlling these efforts and gaining additional resources
- Preparing students to meet FISMA requirements while managing their IT systems more effectively, efficiently, and securely
The InfoSec Institute DIACAP training course provides detailed, step-by-step information on how to manage the Information Assurance posture consistent with FISMA, the DODD 8500.1 and the DoDI 8500.2 standards. In the class, each DoDI 8500.2 IA control is covered in detail. This includes:
- Control Selection
- Verifying Control Implementation
- Preparation steps prior to Control Evaluation
- Validation using one or more accepted validation methods
The courseware is designed such that it is appropriate for persons acting as the Validator Role, acting as a member of a Validation Team, or persons that undergo the Validation process as a System Owner.
DIACAP Boot Camp – Course Description:
DIACAP Boot Camp for Key Personnel: The Department of Defense Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP)
InfoSec Institute is proud to present the DIACAP Boot Camp, a practical manager's immersion into the Department of Defense Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP).
On November 28, 2007 the Department of Defense (DoD) implemented the Department of Defense Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process that supersedes the DoD 8510.1M DITSCAP. The DIACAP ensures that risk management is applied to information systems (IS). DIACAP defines a DoD-wide formal and standard set of activities, general tasks, and a management structure process for the certification and accreditation (C&A) of a DoD IS that maintains the information assurance (IA) posture throughout the system's life cycle.
Our DIACAP Boot Camp is designed for security officials and their staffs, executives, program managers, and operations staff that are or will be involved with IT system DIACAP. The overarching purpose of this seminar is to provide the knowledge necessary to get the most cost-effective security solutions to meet an organization's operational, policy, and security requirements.
Students will learn DIACAP processes, requirements, players (responsibilities, roles, motivations, and decision-making styles), and how to present and sell the results to gain necessary security resources. They will also learn why it is to their personal and professional advantage to do a DIACAP of their IT system.
In addition, this informative, non-technical boot camp will provide:
- Explanation of the requirement and directives
- Descriptions of DIACAP
- Identification of available guidelines
- Effective strategies for conducting efficient DIACAP Accreditations
- Knowledge to use the results to support organizational and personal objectives
Using their experience in conducting over 100 IT security assessments, our class instructors will augment the instruction with examples of real-world experience to help students quickly relate and apply the concepts and strategies to their environments.