The FAT File SystemThis course covers the structure and layout of the Fat file system.
Course descriptionThe student develops an understanding of how the Fat file system writes a file to a drive and deletes a file from a drive. With this knowledge, the examiner can recover deleted data or recover data from a reformatted drive.
Video - 00:30:00
This video teaches how to recover deleted files and directories in the FAT file system.
File creation and Deletion
Video - 00:19:00
This video shows how the FAT file system creates and deletes files and directories.
The Fat Table
Video - 00:15:00
This video shows the layout and function of the file allocation table.
The Root Directory
Video - 00:43:00
This video teaches the function and structure of the FAT root directory.
The FAT Volume Boot Record
Video - 00:13:00
This video shows the layout and information contained in the FAT volume boot record.
Fat overview and history
Video - 00:06:00
This video is an overview and history of the FAT file system.
Plans & pricing
- Team administration and reporting
- Dedicated client success manager
Single sign-on (SSO)
Easily authenticate and manage your learners by connecting to any identity provider that supports the SAML 2.0 standard.
Integrations via API
Retrieve training performance and engagement metrics and integrate learner data into your existing LMS or HRS.
- 190+ role-guided learning paths and assessments (e.g., Incident Response)
- 100s of hands-on labs in cloud-hosted cyber ranges
- Create and assign custom learning paths
- Custom certification practice exams (e.g., CISSP, CISA)
- Optional upgrade: Guarantee team certification with live boot camps