Stage 4 - InvestigationLearn the important role investigation plays in incident response.
Course descriptionIn this course, you’ll learn the questions asked in normal investigations and how to properly answer them. You’ll explore the important data sources these answers are pulled from and the role this process plays in incident response overall.
The Role of Digital Forensics
Video - 00:06:00
A high-level discussion of how digital forensics plays into IR.
Investigation Data Sources
Video - 00:09:00
We take a look at the data sources needed to do most investigations and what the process is for obtaining that data.
What, Who, When, Where?
Video - 00:08:00
Introduction to the investigation procedures and to questions being answered through investigations.
Associated NICE Work Roles
All Infosec training maps directly to the NICE Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity to guide you from beginner to expert across 52 Work Roles.
- Law Enforcement / Counterintelligence Forensics Analyst
- Cyber Defense Forensics Analyst
- Technical Support Specialist
Plans & pricing
- Team administration and reporting
- Dedicated client success manager
Single sign-on (SSO)
Easily authenticate and manage your learners by connecting to any identity provider that supports the SAML 2.0 standard.
Integrations via API
Retrieve training performance and engagement metrics and integrate learner data into your existing LMS or HRS.
- 190+ role-guided learning paths and assessments (e.g., Incident Response)
- 100s of hands-on labs in cloud-hosted cyber ranges
- Create and assign custom learning paths
- Custom certification practice exams (e.g., CISSP, CISA)
- Optional upgrade: Guarantee team certification with live boot camps