Security BasicsTake a look at some fundamental security basics for soft-skill-focused learners.
Course descriptionIn this course, we cover the NIST Framework and basic security terminology, including different types of attacks, the vocabulary of risk and terms related to policies and guidelines. This course is designed for soft-skilled individuals who do not have a technical security background.
Attacks and Social Engineering Terminology
Video - 00:06:00
Terminology: Law, Regulation, Policy, Standard, Guideline
Video - 00:03:00
Basic Risk Terminology
Video - 00:04:00
Basic Security Terminology and Concepts
Video - 00:07:00
People, Process, Technology and the NIST Framework
Video - 00:09:00
Associated NICE Work Roles
All Infosec training maps directly to the NICE Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity to guide you from beginner to expert across 52 Work Roles.
- All-Source Analyst
- Mission Assessment Specialist
- Exploitation Analyst
Plans & pricing
- Team administration and reporting
- Dedicated client success manager
Single sign-on (SSO)
Easily authenticate and manage your learners by connecting to any identity provider that supports the SAML 2.0 standard.
Integrations via API
Retrieve training performance and engagement metrics and integrate learner data into your existing LMS or HRS.
- 190+ role-guided learning paths and assessments (e.g., Incident Response)
- 100s of hands-on labs in cloud-hosted cyber ranges
- Create and assign custom learning paths
- Custom certification practice exams (e.g., CISSP, CISA)
- Optional upgrade: Guarantee team certification with live boot camps