Introduction to Security ControlsGet an overview of common security control categories and types, and learn about important concepts such as data sanitation and data sensitivity.
Course descriptionThis introductory course provides an overview of security control categories (administrative, physical, technical) and types (deterrent, preventive, detective, corrective, compensating). The course also introduces important data security concepts: data sensitivity types (classification) and secure data destruction/sanitization.
Video - 00:08:00
Data Destruction - Sanitization
Video - 00:03:00
Security Control Types
Video - 00:06:00
Security+ - Network Security and Diagnostics
Lab - 00:30:00
A layered approach must be designed and implemented to secure a system or infrastructure. Each critical component should be individually assessed on the risks it faces. In all scenarios, for all types of systems, network security is always a crucial component. Being the backbone of communication and the carrier of sensitive and proprietary information, once compromised, it allows unauthorized parties access on a large scale.
Plans & pricing
- Team administration and reporting
- Dedicated client success manager
Single sign-on (SSO)
Easily authenticate and manage your learners by connecting to any identity provider that supports the SAML 2.0 standard.
Integrations via API
Retrieve training performance and engagement metrics and integrate learner data into your existing LMS or HRS.
- 190+ role-guided learning paths and assessments (e.g., Incident Response)
- 100s of hands-on labs in cloud-hosted cyber ranges
- Create and assign custom learning paths
- Custom certification practice exams (e.g., CISSP, CISA)
- Optional upgrade: Guarantee team certification with live boot camps