IDS/IPS on LinuxSetting up host IDS and IPS on Linux.
Course descriptionHow do you know when changes are made to your Linux server? Learn about how Host Intrusion Detection Systems can alert you when critical changes are made to your systems. We will also cover how to stop brute-force attacks on applications running on your Linux systems by using the IPS Fail2Ban.
Demo of Fail2Ban
Video - 00:07:00
Demonstration of configuring and using Fail2Ban on Linux.
Host IPS with Fail2Ban
Video - 00:08:00
An introduction to using Fail2Ban on Linux.
Demo of OSSEC
Video - 00:08:00
Showing how to configure and use OSSEC IDS on Linux.
Host IDS with OSSEC
Video - 00:06:00
An introduction to OSSEC Host IDS.
Associated NICE Work Roles
All Infosec training maps directly to the NICE Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity to guide you from beginner to expert across 52 Work Roles.
- Multi-Disciplined Language Analyst
- Law Enforcement / Counterintelligence Forensics Analyst
- Cyber Defense Forensics Analyst
Plans & pricing
- Team administration and reporting
- Dedicated client success manager
Single sign-on (SSO)
Easily authenticate and manage your learners by connecting to any identity provider that supports the SAML 2.0 standard.
Integrations via API
Retrieve training performance and engagement metrics and integrate learner data into your existing LMS or HRS.
- 190+ role-guided learning paths and assessments (e.g., Incident Response)
- 100s of hands-on labs in cloud-hosted cyber ranges
- Create and assign custom learning paths
- Custom certification practice exams (e.g., CISSP, CISA)
- Optional upgrade: Guarantee team certification with live boot camps