GSEC Certification Training Boot Camp
Infosec offers this five-day accelerated GSEC Boot Camp to train and prepare you for the GIAC® Security Essentials (GSEC) certification exam, the highly desirable security certification created and administered by the Global Information Assurance Certification.
Train from home — save up to $1,000
Get expert, live instruction without having to travel with an Infosec Flex Pro boot camp. We’ve trained 1,000s of students online over the past 5 years, helping our clients meet their career goals wherever they are most comfortable studying.
Now through the end of the month, you can enroll in any online Infosec Flex boot camp and save up to $1,000.
Earn your GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC)
Boot camp overview
Our GSEC Boot Camp focuses on preparing you for the GSEC exam through extensive mentoring and drill sessions, review of the entire body of knowledge, and practical question and answer scenarios, all through a seminar approach. GSEC holders demonstrate an understanding of information security that goes beyond “simple” terminology and concepts.
Our program is designed around the GSEC topic areas and provides you with a quick and proven method for mastering the huge range of knowledge defined in the GSEC Exam Certification Objectives & Outcome Statements. This intense, five-day total immersion training experience is the product of a wide range of leading industry experts and authors, and our training materials are considered the absolute best for GSEC preparation.
Skill up and get certified, guaranteed
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
If you’re not 100% satisfied with your training at the end of the first day, you may withdraw and enroll in a different Flex Pro or Flex Classroom course.
Knowledge Transfer Guarantee
If an employee leaves within three months of obtaining certification, Infosec will train a different employee at the same organization tuition-free for up to one year.
- Five days of Infosec training with a leading security expert, bringing field experience and insight
- Infosec digital courseware (physical textbooks available to purchase)
- GSEC sample exam questions
- Pre-paid card to cover the cost of exam fees
- 90-day access to replays of daily lessons (Flex Pro)
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
GSEC certification details
GSEC certificate holders are expected to have an understanding of theoretical topics, including access control theory, legal aspects of incident handling and incident handling fundamentals, as well as more practical aspects, such as dealing with wireless attacks, implementing defense in depth, reading packets and securing Windows Server services.
Award-winning training that you can trust
Best IT Security-related Training Program
Cyber Work with Chris Sienko
Best Cybersecurity Podcast
2019 Wisconsin Innovation Award
G2 Crowd Leader
Technical Skills Development Software
Who should attend?
- Network engineers
- Network administrators
- Firewall administrators
- Early career security professionals
- Anyone wanting a broad, vendor-neutral understanding of information security
Twelve to 24 months of experience working with information systems and networking is recommended prior to enrolling in the GSEC boot camp.
You're in good company.
"I’ve taken five boot camps with Infosec and all my instructors have been great."
"Comparing Infosec to other vendors is like comparing apples to oranges. My instructor was hands-down the best I’ve had."
"I knew Infosec could tell me what to expect on the exam and what topics to focus on most."
Attention DoD Information Assurance workers! Meets 8570.1 requirements
This course features intense training, and the exam is significant to IA workers in the DoD space, providing certification towards government security requirements. This includes the U.S. Department of Defense Directive 8570.01 mandate that department employees or contractors engaged in work related to information security be required to certify. The directive specifies GSEC as a choice for Information Assurance Technician Level II.
Can’t get away for a week?
Learn cybersecurity on-demand.
Get the cybersecurity training you need at a pace that fits your schedule with a subscription to Infosec Skills. Includes unlimited access to hundreds of additional on-demand courses — plus cloud-hosted cyber ranges where you can practice and apply knowledge in real-world scenarios — all for just $34 a month!
- 70+ learning paths
- 500+ courses
- Cloud-hosted cyber ranges and hands-on projects
- Skill assessments and certification practice exams
- Infosec community peer support
GSEC Boot Camp details
Day 1: Security controls
- Introduction and course overview
- Understanding security controls
- Common attack methods
- Advanced persistent threats
- Basic defensive strategies
- Critical security controls
- Access control
- Authentication and password management
- Implementing defense in depth
- Active defense methods and techniques
Day 2: Risk management and cryptography
- Risk management
- Cybersecurity risk terminology
- Threat assessment process
- Vulnerability management
- Penetration testing techniques
- Purpose and components of security policy
- Business continuity and disaster recovery planning
- Handling cyber incidents
- Logging, monitoring and SIEM
- Cryptographic concepts and terminology
- Cryptographic algorithms
- Hash functions
- Applying cryptography
Day 3: Network security and virtualization
- Network security
- Networking fundamentals
- Protocols and protocol stacks
- Securing network devices
- Network security devices
- Endpoint security devices
- Intrusion-resistant network architecture
- Securing wireless networks
- Virtualization, cloud and web security
- Virtualization fundamentals
- Virtualization risks
- Securing cloud services
- Common web application vulnerabilities
- Secure web communications
Day 4: Windows and Linux security
- Securing Windows
- Windows OS security features overview
- Applying permissions and privileges
- Group policy
- Security templates
- Network services security
- Managing service packs and hotfixes
- Backups and restoration
- Auditing Windows hosts
- Securing Linux
- Linux security features overview
- Access control on Linux systems
- Hardening Linux
- Logging and monitoring
Day 5: Exam review
- GSEC exam review