InfoSec Institute brings you our Secure Coding in Java & JEE Course. This comprehensive 3-day course is designed to educate professional programmers on the skills necessary to develop and deploy secure applications as a fundamental element of the entire application development process.
- The objective of our Secure Coding in Java & JEE course is to encourage you to take security seriously by demonstrating concrete, hands-on examples of vulnerable code.
- You will learn which poor programming practices lead to vulnerable code, how to code securely, and maintain secure development practices throughout the SDLC.
- You will sharpen skills and gain experience in applying secure design and implementation principles through demonstrations of building, testing and securing real-world applications.
- You will be given the opportunity to participate in securing and testing applications through a progression of "challenge scenarios" alternating assignments as "attackers" and "defenders" of applications.
Upon completing our Secure Coding in Java will provide you with valuable knowledge and skills including the ability to:
- Understand common web application exposures and attacks (including those in the OWASP Top Ten)
- Learn how to securely use the JEE APIs
- Gain valuable security code review skills
- Learn static analysis techniques that can help you quickly find flaws in your code
- Understand input validation defenses that can be used to defend against common application vulnerabilities
- Learn techniques to identify possible application threats early in the Software Development Lifecycle
Benefits & Goals:
Our 3-day intense course provides attendees with a look at how poor security practices leave applications open to attack, and then walks you through the necessary tools, techniques and Best Practices in order to ensure you know how to write code in a secure manner.
Only InfoSec Institute's Secure Coding for Java course offers you the following benefits:
- Three (3) days of InfoSec Institute training with a real Java Security expert. Our experts have extensive JEE development experience as well as years of experience performing security codereviews for hundreds of different Java applications.
- Improvement in skills required to build and maintain secure applications
- Lunch and snacks provided on each day of class
- Provide compliance for the OWASP Top 10 training component in the PCI DSS Standard
Who Should Attend:
- Java Application Developers
- Managers, Architects and Technologists involved in deploying Java Applications
Prior to enrolling in InfoSec Institute’s Secure Java Application Developer Boot Camp, students should have roughly 12-24 months of experience developing Java apps. Attendees should have an understanding of web applications, web programming concepts, and experience building web applications using the Java Framework. A basic understanding of IT security principles is recommended but not required.