InfoSec Institute's Data Recovery Training course is the most hands on and highly technical logical and physical data recovery course available anywhere. The goal of InfoSec Institute's Data Recovery Training course is to train you on advanced data recovery techniques as well as advanced data analysis strategies not available elsewhere. You will learn the fundamentals of hardware data recovery, which will enable you to properly diagnose dead drives and bring them back to life. You will also learn logical recovery for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, RAID arrays, Exchange server and even solid state flash NAND drives!
Rest assured, we have made every effort to replicate the same training experience you would receive in our Instructor-Led Data Recovery Training course. Many online or CBT training offerings are simply a recording of a talking head. InfoSec Institute's Data Recovery Training Online includes a shipment of software that is loaded onto your computer, which allows you to complete over 30 hours of hands-on lab exercises! Not only do you get high quality instruction from an expert instructor, with InfoSec Institute, you also perform hands-on lab exercises that allow for real knowledge transfer. The goal of InfoSec Institute's Data Recovery Training course is to train you on advanced data recovery techniques as well as advanced data analysis strategies not available elsewhere.
Benefits of Data Recovery Online are:
- Attend the same course as the Instructor-Led Data Recovery Training in an online format.
- Interact with over 47 online modules, taught by an expert instructor.
- We ship you a number of Virtual Machines (VMs) pre-installed with hundreds of tools and scripts that you use to perform over 31 hands-on lab exercises. We also ship you three drives, a solid state drive as well as a number of specialized data recovery tools to complete the labs. These are the same lab exercises as the instructor-led class.
- Get online guidance while you perform the lab exercises, the labs have been recorded from start to finish.
- Prepare yourself for the CDRP certification from home or work. When you purchase Data Recovery Training Online, you automatically get an exam voucher for the CDRP certification.
- Workstation with Windows XP SP2, 1 GB RAM, 30 GB free hard drive space
- High Speed Internet Connection
- Firm understanding of the Windows Operating System
- Firm understanding of computer hardware
- Attendees can be anyone involved in the recovery of information assets: information security officers and managers, network administrators, Windows administrators.
Certifications & Compliance
IACRB's Certified Data Recovery Professional
The Certified Data Recovery Professional (CDRP) tests a candidate's fundamental knowledge of data recovery. Candidates must have the skills to successfully recover data from damaged or partially destroyed hard drives, sold state media and removable media. In addition to physical data recovery concepts tested, students must know how to perform logical recovery on common operating systems.
We will never share any of your information, spam you or annoy you with pushy sales pitches.
Data Recovery Topics:
- Logical Recovery of disabled hard drives
- Using file format recognition tools
- Logical recovery via avoiding BIOS interrupts
- Motions that unlock the actuator of a drive
- Diagnosing the physical recovery of drives
- Comparing pre-recorded sound samples to live drives
- Logic board replacements
- Single and Multi-Platter Swaps
- Head Assembly replacement
- P-List and G-List recovery
- Addressing SMART values
- Dealing with damaged sectors
- Reverse scanning
- Capturing SID protected folders
- Resolving kernel or driver issues with a Linux bootable disk
- Head Stack replacement
- Working with the Service Area (SA) of a drive
- Reviewing data structures with a Hex Editor
- Diagnosing "clicking noises"
- Mac OS X Data Recovery
- Linux Data Recovery
- RAID 0 Recovery & RAID 5 Recovery
- Vista and Recovery of Shadow Copies
- Clearing passwords on a password protected drive
- Solid state drive recovery
- Firmware issues
Our Major Clients
Book your course
We’ve trained over 50,000 happy people
Without any question, InfoSec has the most gifted individual instructors. Our instructor for this class was both an excellent educator and a premier/world class security expert. He was able to clearly explain and impart to the students, the most complicated security techniques I have ever heard of or imagined. I simply can not find the words to recommend him and Infosec security training more highly.
Enroll in Security+ & get Network+ Free!
Enroll in our Security+ Boot Camp course before November 30 and get free enrollment into our Mentored Online Network+ Boot Camp— a $1,499 value!