Network- versus host-based detectionA look at network- versus host-based intrusion detection.
Course descriptionThis section provides a deeper dive into host- versus network-based intrusion detection. We will talk about the differences between the two, tools that can be used, the positives and negatives of both and how to effectively implement both techniques. We will also explore an open-source HIDS called Wazuh.
Wazuh (HIDS overview)
Video - 00:07:00
We will take a look at the host-based IDS Wazuh.
Video - 00:17:00
We will look at an example IDS rule and analyze the three core components.
Network- versus host-based
Video - 00:14:00
A look at network- versus host-based intrusion detection.
Associated NICE Work Roles
All Infosec training maps directly to the NICE Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity to guide you from beginner to expert across 52 Work Roles.
- All-Source Analyst
- Mission Assessment Specialist
- Exploitation Analyst
Plans & pricing
- Team administration and reporting
- Dedicated client success manager
Single sign-on (SSO)
Easily authenticate and manage your learners by connecting to any identity provider that supports the SAML 2.0 standard.
Integrations via API
Retrieve training performance and engagement metrics and integrate learner data into your existing LMS or HRS.
- 190+ role-guided learning paths and assessments (e.g., Incident Response)
- 100s of hands-on labs in cloud-hosted cyber ranges
- Create and assign custom learning paths
- Custom certification practice exams (e.g., CISSP, CISA)
- Optional upgrade: Guarantee team certification with live boot camps