Investigating Cybersecurity IncidentsThis course teaches how to create a plan for performing forensic investigations after incidents occur, collect and analyze electronic evidence in a secure manner to prevent tampering or compromise, and implement measures to follow up on an investigation.
Course descriptionFollowing a cybersecurity incident, you may be called on to perform forensic analysis, such as collecting evidence and determining how and why the incident occurred, and who caused it.
Course Review and Exam Preview
Video - 00:06:00
This video is a quick summary of the lessons learned in this course.
Follow Up on the Results of an Investigation
Video - 00:05:00
This video looks at cyber law and the follow-up process to an investigation.
Securely Collect and Analyze Electronic Evidence
Video - 00:06:00
This video goes into detail about evidence collection and preservation.
Apply a Forensic Investigation Plan
Video - 00:09:00
This video reviews the formal process of forensic investigation and collect of evidence in preparation of a court case.
Associated NICE Work Roles
All Infosec training maps directly to the NICE Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity to guide you from beginner to expert across 52 Work Roles.
- All-Source Analyst
- Mission Assessment Specialist
- Exploitation Analyst
Plans & pricing
- Team administration and reporting
- Dedicated client success manager
Single sign-on (SSO)
Easily authenticate and manage your learners by connecting to any identity provider that supports the SAML 2.0 standard.
Integrations via API
Retrieve training performance and engagement metrics and integrate learner data into your existing LMS or HRS.
- 190+ role-guided learning paths and assessments (e.g., Incident Response)
- 100s of hands-on labs in cloud-hosted cyber ranges
- Create and assign custom learning paths
- Custom certification practice exams (e.g., CISSP, CISA)
- Optional upgrade: Guarantee team certification with live boot camps