- Access to 45+ hours of professionally produced Computer Forensics Online training from the most trusted and awarded Information Security training company
- Engaging content that teaches you how to become a Certified Computer Forensics Examiner (CCFE®)
- Mentored Learning format - access to live instructor for when you need help
- Instant access to streaming video taught by world renwon forensics expert Jeremy Martin
- Media in HD for computer / offline playback shipped to you for free
- Hands-on Labs: includes Case Files and lab books
Our most popular Computer Forensics course is now available in an online format. You get the same highly technical content in InfoSec Institute’s Computer Forensics Training course.
- All online computer forensics training lectures professionally produced and are delivered by an expert instructor.
- Mentored Instruction - you have a resource to ask questions to when you need help
- All 33 Hands-On Lab demonstrations are included (case files and lab manuals only available in Mentored Online package)
- Instant access to streaming video, with physical media for HD playback on computer or
Computer crimes happen! Did you know that evidence can be found on freshly formatted hard drives, cell phones, and even digital cameras?
The rate of fraud, abuse and downright criminal activity on IT systems by hackers, contractors and even employees are reaching alarming rates. Corporate IT, Law Enforcement and Information Security Pros are often required to perform computer forensics duties on their jobs. In terms of job growth, nothing beats computer forensics as a career, and no one can beat InfoSec Institute as the best place to learn from a computer forensics training expert.
Computer crime is here to stay. Computer Forensics Specialists are needed by today’s companies to determine the root cause of a hacker attack, collect evidence legally admissible in court, and protect corporate assets and reputation. The best way to become a forensics expert is to attend a training session with a computer forensics training expert.
During InfoSec Institute’s Computer Forensics Training course you will:
- See the dark side of how computer crimes are committed.
- Learn how to find traces of illegal or illicit activities left on disk with computer forensics tools and manual techniques.
- Learn how to recover data intentionally hidden or encrypted by perpetrators.
You will also learn how to create an effective computer crime policy, and gain the hands on skills to implement it.
After attending Computer Forensics Training, you wil be able to perform a legally admissible forensics investigation and the skills to run the investigation properly.
This hands-on computer forensics training offers practical experience in a wide array of computer forensics situations that are applicable to the real world. Learn everything relating to computer forensics—- from how to establish a proper chain of custody that is admissible in a court of law to recovering files from intentionally damaged media.
With InfoSec Institute’s mentored training program you will have access to on of our resident experts. They are there to help you learn the materials, answer any questions you have, and help you pass your exam. Whether you need technical support or want a better explanation of a lab, all you have to do is ask. All questions are answered within 24 hours, but back and forth with an InfoSec Expert is common.
Certifications & Compliance
The Certified Computer Forensics Examiner (CCFE®) certification process is a pure testing process. Instructors are not allowed to give assistance to students/ CCFE candidates on any level once registered for the CCFE certification process. Only classroom practical exercise reports are to be reviewed by instructors. Review and comment on CCFE exam reports is not allowed. The CCFE candidates are required to abide to a signed code of ethics and also made aware of all testing requirements and guidelines when they begin the certification process:
Please Read: There are high ethical standards for all CCFE applicants. All work to complete the CCFE process must be done solely by the individual applicant. CCFE applicants may not corroborate, work jointly, cheat or plagiarize other’s work to complete the CCFE process. Merely setting up or belonging to groups, workgroups, chatrooms, listservers, etc. that discuss the CCFE problems, grades, scores, the grading system or any issues in the CCFE process that may assist in the completion of the CCFE process, will be considered a violation of this code. Any violation will result in the immediate removal of the applicant from the process, revocation of any certification received and the forfeiture of any fee paid.
Award Winning Training
We will never share any of your information, spam you or annoy you with pushy sales pitches.
Total Hands-On Lab Environment:
This Computer Forensics training neatly meshes the skills required in order to respond to security incidents:
- Computer Forensics Training with open source tools
- Overview of Computer Crime
- Preparing sterile examination media
- Acquisition, collection and seizure of magnetic media.
- Recovering deleted data from a cell phone
- Digital Camera Computer Forensics
- PDA Computer Forensics
- Documenting a "Chain of Custody"
- Understanding Microsoft Windows from a forensics point of view
- Working with NTFS
- Combing Partition table and boot record
- Investigating The Master File Table (MFT)
- Linux/Unix computer forensics
- Investigating data streams
- File storage dates and times
- File deletion/recovery
- Recovering Internet Usage Data
- Recovering: Swap Files/Temporary Files/Cache Files
- Preservation and safe handling of original media
- Making bitstream copies of original media
- Common data hiding techniques
- Examining CD-ROM media
- Carving out files "hidden" in unallocated disk space
- Word document forensics and password cracking
- Issues when presenting data in court
- The marking, storage and transmittal of evidence.
- Demonstration of tools such as Encase Forensic Edition, Paraben, X-Ways Forensic Addition, Forensic TookKit (FTK), Linux dd, etc.
Book your course
Our Major Clients
Online Instructor For Computer Forensics:
Jeremy Martin is a Senior Security Researcher that has focused his work on Red Team penetration testing, Computer Forensics, and Cyber Warfare. Starting his career in 1995 Mr. Martin has worked with fortune 200 companies and Federal Government agencies, receiving a number of awards for service. Jeremy is a published author, teaches, and speaks at security conferences around the world. Current projects include vulnerability analysis, threat profiling, exploitation automation, anti-forensics, and reverse engineering malware.
Mr. Marting is active in the Information Security/Assurance world and is the current President for the Open Information Systems Security Group (OISSG) while sitting on the Board of Directors for Denver’s Infragard chapter. Jeremy is also an active member of the Business Espionage Controls & Countermeasures Association. Jeremy holds the following certifications:
- CIW Professional
- Kentrox QOS
We’ve trained over 50,000 happy people
Without any question, InfoSec has the most gifted individual instructors. Our instructor for this class was both an excellent educator and a premier/world class security expert. He was able to clearly explain and impart to the students, the most complicated security techniques I have ever heard of or imagined. I simply can not find the words to recommend him and Infosec security training more highly.
CISM Exam Pass Guarantee!
With an average annual salary of $122,000, the CISM ranks as the second highest-paying IT certification available. Now through January 31, all CISM Boot Camps come with our Exam Pass Guarantee. This means even if you fail your first attempt at the CISM exam, you can take the exam a second time for FREE — a $595 savings!