InfoSec Institute's award winning Web Application Penetration Testing Boot Camp focuses on preparing students for the real world of Web App Pen Testing through extensive lab exercises thought provoking lectures led by an expert instructor. We review of the entire body of knowledge as it pertains to web application pen testing through a high-energy seminar approach.
InfoSec Institute offers this award winning Web Application Penetration Testing program to train and prepare IT Security Professionals.
The highlights of this course include:
- Learn the Secrets of Web App Pen Testing in a totally hands-on classroom environment
- Learn how to exploit and defend real-world web apps – not just silly sample code
- Complete the 83 Step "Web App Pen Test Methodology", and bring a copy back to work with you
- Understand how to find Vulnerabilities in Source Code
- Take home a fully featured Web App Pen Test Toolkit
- Learn how perform OWASP Top 10 Assessments – for PCI DSS compliance
- Leave Certified - IACRB CWAPT (Web Application Penetration Tester) Exam delivered on-site
Intensive Hands-On Training:
The Web Application Penetration Testing course from InfoSec Institute is a totally hands-on learning experience. From the first day to the last day, you will learn the ins and outs of Web App Pen Testing by attending thought provoking lectures led by an expert instructor. Every lecture is directly followed up by a comprehensive lab exercise (we also set up and provide lab workstations so you don't waste valuable class time installing tools and apps).
Typical lab exercises consist of a real-world app that demonstrates a vulnerability commonly found in a web app. You learn how to assess the app much as a black hat hacker would, exploit the app so that you can demonstrate the true risk of the vulnerability to the application owner. This can involve taking control of the application itself, downloading data the application stores, or potentially using the app as a launching pad to attack unsuspecting visitors with a malicious script. Finally, the lab will follow up with remediation steps so that the application owner can properly close down the security hole for good.
Up To Date, Current, Courseware
The threat landscape for Web Applications changes on a near continuous basis. Bad guys wishing to attack your applications know that they need to stay ahead of the curve in order to get in. For this reason, InfoSec Institute continuously updates our Web App Pen Testing courseware to cover the latest and greats threats, exploits and mitigation strategies.
InfoSec Institute instructors that teach the Web App Pen Testing course are highly seasoned and have years of in the field pen testing experience. Not only are they active in the field of pen testing, they are industry-recognized experts that present at conferences such as DEFCON, Black Hat Briefings, RSA Security. Many of our instructors have authored some of the top Penetration Testing books on the market today.
This hands-on course teaches you:
- The fundamentals of modern Application Security on both .Net and Java platforms
- Application security threats and assessment/attack techniques
- The latest threats to Web Services and AJAX-enabled applications