Reverse engineering is a vitally important skill for today's expert security professional. Everything from reverse engineering malware to discovering vulnerabilities in binaries are required in order to properly secure an organization from today's ever evolving threats.
In this online course, you will gain the necessary binary analysis skills to discover the true nature of any Windows binary. You will learn how to recognize the high level language constructs (such as branching statements, looping functions and network socket code) critical to performing a thorough and professional reverse engineering analysis of a binary.
After learning these important introductory skills, you will advance to the analysis of:
- Hostile Code & Malware, including: Worms, Viruses, Trojans, Rootkits and Bots.
- Vulnerabilities in Binaries, including: Format string vulnerabilities, buffer overflow conditions, and the identification of flawed cryptographic schemes
- Binary obfuscation schemes, used by: Hackers, Trojan writers and copy protection algorithms
Additionally you will learn how to recognize the features modern optimizing compilers, including the gcc 4.x family of compilers and the ubiquitous Visual Studio .NET.
InfoSec Institute will train you on the standard reverse engineering programs IDA Pro and Ollydbg. You will also learn how to use various hex editors, binary analysis programs, and code coverage analyzers. We've made every effort to replicate the same training experience you would receive in our Instructor-Led Reverse Engineering course. Many online or CBT training offerings are simply a recording of a talking head. InfoSec Institute's Reverse Engineering Online includes a shipment of software that is loaded onto your computer, which allows you to complete over 30 hours of hands-on lab exercises! Not only do you get high quality instruction from an expert instructor, with InfoSec Institute, you also perform hands-on lab exercises that allow for real knowledge transfer.
Some of the benefits of Reverse Engineering Online are:
- Attend the exact same course as the Instructor-Led Reverse Engineering in an online format.
- Interact with over 38 online modules, taught by an expert instructor.
- We ship you a DVD with hundreds of tools and scripts that you use to perform over 31 hands-on lab exercises. These are the same lab exercises as the instructor-led class.
- Get online guidance while you perform the lab exercises, the labs have been recorded from start to finish.
- Prepare yourself for the CREA certification from home or work. When you purchase Reverse Engineering Online, you automatically get an exam voucher for the CREA certification.
- Workstation with Windows XP or newer, 2 GB RAM, 30 GB free hard drive space
- High Speed Internet Connection
- Firm understanding of the Windows Operating System
- Exposure to the Linux Operating System or other Unix-based OS