InfoSec Institute offers the most in-depth course available for students looking to learn about the Risk Management Framework for DoD Information Technology. Risk Management Framework (RMF) describes the DoD process for identifying, implementing, assessing, and managing cybersecurity capabilities and services, expressed as security controls, and authorizing the operation of Information Systems (IS) and Platform Information Technology (PIT) systems.
RMF brings a risk-based approach to the implementation of cybersecurity, supports cybersecurity integration early and throughout the system lifecycle, promotes reciprocity to the maximum extent possible and stresses continuous monitoring. RMF replaces the DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) and adopts the term cybersecurity in place of information assurance.
After completing the InfoSec Institute’s DoD RMF Boot Camp, participants will be able to:
- Understand the Risk Management Framework for DoD IT Authorization process
- Understand FISMA and NIST processes for authorizing Federal IT systems
- Explain key roles and responsibilities
- Explain statutory and regulatory requirements
- Apply these principles to real-world activities and situations