Recon and footprintingThis course introduces the concept of footprinting and reconnaissance and shows how it's used for real-world penetration testing activities.
Course descriptionThis course dives into recon and footprinting activities. You will see common tools like Maltego being used to automate some of the information gathering. There are also deep dives into DNS recon and enumeration of DNS.
Enumerating DNS for information, part 2
Video - 00:11:00
Continuing to enumerate DNS.
Enumerating DNS for information, part 1
Video - 00:12:00
We begin with enumerating DNS.
Open-source intelligence gathering
Video - 00:15:00
A look at open-source intelligence gathering.
Introduction to passive recon
Video - 00:18:00
A look at passive recon.
Associated NICE Work Roles
All Infosec training maps directly to the NICE Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity to guide you from beginner to expert across 52 Work Roles.
- All-Source Analyst
- Mission Assessment Specialist
- Exploitation Analyst
Plans & pricing
- Team administration and reporting
- Dedicated client success manager
Single sign-on (SSO)
Easily authenticate and manage your learners by connecting to any identity provider that supports the SAML 2.0 standard.
Integrations via API
Retrieve training performance and engagement metrics and integrate learner data into your existing LMS or HRS.
- 190+ role-guided learning paths and assessments (e.g., Incident Response)
- 100s of hands-on labs in cloud-hosted cyber ranges
- Create and assign custom learning paths
- Custom certification practice exams (e.g., CISSP, CISA)
- Optional upgrade: Guarantee team certification with live boot camps