Become a Certified Authorization Professional (CAP)
The Certified Authorization Professional (CAP) certification path builds your expertise around the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF). You'll learn best practices, policies and procedures used to authorize and maintain information systems.
Certified Authorization Professional (CAP) training
Learning path components
CAP Custom Practice Exam
CAP Skill Assessment
Introduction to CAP
Information Security Risk Management Program
Risk Management Program Processes
Regulatory and Legal Requirements
Categorization of Information Systems
Selection of Security Controls
Implementation of Security Controls
Assessment of Security Controls
Authorization of Information Systems
Preparing for the CAP Exam
What you’ll learn.
The CAP certification exam covers seven domain areas:
- Information security risk management program
- Categorization of information systems (IS)
- Selection of security controls
- Implementation of security controls
- Assessment of security controls
- Authorization of information systems (IS)
- Continuous monitoring
Who is this for?
You need two years of cumulative work experience in at least one of the CAP domains to achieve the CAP, but you can become an Associate of (ISC)² by passing the exam without experience.
This certification path is designed for:
- Information systems analysts
- Cybersecurity analysts
- Information security managers
- Information technology auditors
- Information security specialists
- Cybersecurity engineers
- Anyone with a desire to build their knowledge around the NIST Risk Management Framework!
You're in good company
Infosec Skills is a very good place for building technical acumen and engineering development knowledge. It enables us to provide training to the entire team on relevant topics.
Romy Ricafort, West Division Senior Director of Sales Engineering
Comparing Infosec to other vendors is like comparing apples to oranges. My instructor was hands-down the best I've had.
James Coyle , Senior U.S. Public Sector Channel Sales Engineer
Train on your schedule
- 600+ courses
- 100s of hands-on labs and projects
- 70+ role-based learning paths
- Skill assessments
- Custom learning paths
- Custom certification practice exams
- Cloud-hosted cyber ranges
- Infosec peer community support
Infosec Skills Teams
- All Infosec Skills content for the year
- Team boot camp discounts — online or onsite (not included with subscription)
- Team administration and reporting
- Custom team learning paths
- Transferable licenses
- Dedicated client success manager
Award-winning training that you can trust
Best Software - Highest Satisfaction
Best IT Security-related Training Program
Best Cybersecurity Education Provider & Best Security Education Platform
Most Innovative Product - Cybersecurity Training for Infosec Professionals
Global Excellence - Cyber Security Education & Training
Exceptional learning experiences powered by LX Labs cyber expertise
Infosec Skills courses and labs are powered by LX Labs — our elite team of cyber SMEs, learning specialists and community of top-ranked security instructors, published authors and sought-after industry leaders. We rigorously vet all Infosec Skills training resources to guarantee they meet certification and compliance requirements and align with recognized guidelines like the NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.