Firewalls and IDS/IPSUnderstand the fundamentals of both firewalls and IDS/IPSes, including types and architecture of both network security devices. Understand the evolution of firewalls and what today’s firewalls and IDS/IPSes can do to protect your network.
Course descriptionIn this course, we will be overviewing different types of firewalls and IDS/IPSes, including an in-depth look at the history of firewalls, deployment of firewalls and the features of next-generation firewalls. We also discuss firewalls as a defense-in-depth strategy, not as a device to set and forget. After that, we discuss the difference between IDSes and IPSes and some of the leading network security devices being used in the industry today.
IDS/IPS Types and Deployment
Video - 00:08:00
Video - 00:06:00
Firewall Types and Architecture
Video - 00:10:00
Video - 00:06:00
Associated NICE Work Roles
All Infosec training maps directly to the NICE Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity to guide you from beginner to expert across 52 Work Roles.
- All-Source Analyst
- Mission Assessment Specialist
- Target Developer
Plans & pricing
- Team administration and reporting
- Dedicated client success manager
Single sign-on (SSO)
Easily authenticate and manage your learners by connecting to any identity provider that supports the SAML 2.0 standard.
Integrations via API
Retrieve training performance and engagement metrics and integrate learner data into your existing LMS or HRS.
- 190+ role-guided learning paths and assessments (e.g., Incident Response)
- 100s of hands-on labs in cloud-hosted cyber ranges
- Create and assign custom learning paths
- Custom certification practice exams (e.g., CISSP, CISA)
- Optional upgrade: Guarantee team certification with live boot camps