Cybersecurity Data Science Learning Path
4 hours, 37 minutes
What you will learn
This hands-on, comprehensive skill path covers everything from the fundamentals of cybersecurity data science to the state of the art. In this learning path, you establish a cybersecurity lab, develop malware detection classifiers, leverage deep learning techniques and employ machine learning to ethically hack security systems. The guidance of an acclaimed award-winning expert in the realm of cybersecurity data science ensures that you gain the necessary skills to confidently take on any project that may come your way.
Who this learning path is for
This course covers data analysis, data visualization, machine learning and security analytics. You’ll gain an understanding of the principles of data science and how they can be applied to cybersecurity roles, including, but not limited to:
- Technical practitioners from SOC Analysts to Penetration Testers aiming to enhance their knowledge and proficiency in data analysis, data visualization, machine learning and security analytics within the context of cybersecurity.
- Cybersecurity beginners who have mastered the basics and are ready to start developing a strong foundation in the field of cybersecurity data science.
- Secure Coders and computer science students interested in specializing in cybersecurity data science and leveraging data-driven techniques for cyber defense.
- IT professionals looking to expand their cross-disciplinary skills by understanding data science principles and their application in cybersecurity.
- Data analysts and data scientists interested in transitioning their expertise to the field of cybersecurity and gaining insights into security analytics.
By the end of this learning path, you should:
- Have a foundational understanding of data science principles essential to cybersecurity data science success.
- Improve your practical understanding of crafting malware classifiers by learning the most successful techniques used by experts in cybersecurity data science.
- Know how to prevent unauthorized access to your network by mastering key use cases that target hackers, spammers and other cybercriminals.
- Increase the effectiveness of your ethical hacker tactics by utilizing the latest social engineering tools and techniques that are powered by machine learning technology.
- Know how to use machine learning to enhance your penetration testing capabilities by gaining access to previously thought impenetrable information and systems.
Cybersecurity Data Science Skill Assessment
Assessment - 60 questions
Preparation for Cybersecurity Data Science
Course - 00:45:00
Malware Detection via Machine Learning
Course - 00:43:00
Machine Learning for Intrusion Detection
Course - 00:11:00
Machine Learning for Social Engineering
Course - 00:17:00
Machine Learning for Pentesting
Course - 00:18:00
Learning path insights
How to claim CPEs
Should you complete this learning path, you’ll be able to download a certificate of completion. Use this to claim your CPEs or CPUs.
Associated NICE Work Roles
All Infosec training maps directly to the NICE Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity to guide you from beginner to expert across 52 Work Roles.
- All-Source Analyst
- Mission Assessment Specialist
- Exploitation Analyst
No software. No set up. Unlimited access.
Skip the server racks and spin up a realistic environment with one click. Infosec Skills cyber ranges require no additional software, hardware or server space so your team can spend less time configuring environments and more time learning. Unlimited cyber range access is included in every Infosec Skills subscription so your team can skill up however they learn best.
Plans & pricing
- Team administration and reporting
- Dedicated client success manager
Single sign-on (SSO)
Easily authenticate and manage your learners by connecting to any identity provider that supports the SAML 2.0 standard.
Integrations via API
Retrieve training performance and engagement metrics and integrate learner data into your existing LMS or HRS.
- 190+ role-guided learning paths and assessments (e.g., Incident Response)
- 100s of hands-on labs in cloud-hosted cyber ranges
- Create and assign custom learning paths
- Custom certification practice exams (e.g., CISSP, CISA)
- Optional upgrade: Guarantee team certification with live boot camps