Learn Computer Incident Response
The Computer Incident Response skill path covers computer threats, the technologies and tools used to combat those threats, and the fundamentals of incident response, network forensics and risk management.
Computer Incident Response training
This learning path provides an overview of the technologies, tools and concepts used to identify and respond to cyber threats while building your knowledge incident response. Five courses take you through risk assessments, common cyber threats facing organizations, security tools such as firewalls and intrusion detection and prevention systems, and network forensics. You’ll also learn what to do when a cyber incident does occur. Upon completion, you will have an introductory-level knowledge of incident response that can be carried over into a variety of career roles.
Learning path components
What you’ll learn.
- Importance of risk assessments
- Common cyber threats, including malware, social engineering and different types of attacks
- Common technologies used to combat cyber threats
- Network forensics concepts and tools
- Incident response policies, strategies and legal concerns
Who is this for?
- Incident analysts
- IT specialists
- Cybersecurity analysts
- Incident response professionals
- Anyone looking to learn incident response and build their skills!
Network Traffic Analysis Cyber Range
This cyber range allows you to learn and practice useful skills related to analyzing network traffic. You will work with Terminal Shark (TShark), Scapy and other tools to identify common network protocols, examine malware communications, extract transmitted files, filter output to display specific information, view communication statistics and much more. The labs in this range involve examining network capture files as well as capturing live traffic.
You're in good company
Infosec Skills is a very good place for building technical acumen and engineering development knowledge. It enables us to provide training to the entire team on relevant topics.
Romy Ricafort, West Division Senior Director of Sales Engineering
Comparing Infosec to other vendors is like comparing apples to oranges. My instructor was hands-down the best I've had.
James Coyle , Senior U.S. Public Sector Channel Sales Engineer
Train on your schedule
- 600+ courses
- 100s of hands-on labs and projects
- 70+ role-based learning paths
- Skill assessments
- Custom learning paths
- Custom certification practice exams
- Cloud-hosted cyber ranges
- Infosec peer community support
Infosec Skills Teams
- All Infosec Skills content for the year
- Team boot camp discounts — online or onsite (not included with subscription)
- Team administration and reporting
- Custom team learning paths
- Transferable licenses
- Dedicated client success manager
Award-winning training that you can trust
Best Software - Highest Satisfaction
Best IT Security-related Training Program
Best Cybersecurity Education Provider & Best Security Education Platform
Most Innovative Product - Cybersecurity Training for Infosec Professionals
Global Excellence - Cyber Security Education & Training
Exceptional learning experiences powered by LX Labs cyber expertise
Infosec Skills courses and labs are powered by LX Labs — our elite team of cyber SMEs, learning specialists and community of top-ranked security instructors, published authors and sought-after industry leaders. We rigorously vet all Infosec Skills training resources to guarantee they meet certification and compliance requirements and align with recognized guidelines like the NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.