Become a Certified Reverse Engineering Analyst (CREA)
The Certified Reverse Engineering Analyst (CREA) certification path teaches you the analysis skills needed to reverse engineer and analyze malware. You'll learn about how malware works, reversing different types of malware, common tools and more.
Certified Reverse Engineering Analyst (CREA) training
This learning path builds your reverse engineering skills and prepares you to earn your Certified Reverse Engineering Analyst (CREA) certification. You’ll take a deep dive into reverse engineering, including different malware types, tools and techniques, as you progress through 14 courses tied to the primary CREA certification exam objectives. Upon completion, you’ll be prepared to earn your CREA certification and validate your knowledge around reverse engineering malware.
Learning path components
CREA Custom Practice Exam
Introduction to Malware Analysis
Introduction to Reverse Engineering
C Code in Assembly
Common Malware Behavior
Anti-Disassembly, Anti-Debugging and Anti-VM
Obfuscation, Encoding and Encryption
Reversing 64-bit Malware
What you’ll learn.
The CREA certification exam covers the following primary objectives:
- Understanding hashing functions
- Working with encrypted binaries
- Reversing UPX and other compression types
- Discovering stack overflows
- Discovering heap overflows
- Creating a sandbox to isolate malware
- Unpacking malware
- Monitoring registry changes
- Identifying malware communication channels
- Understanding Digital Rights Management (DRM) implementations
Who is this for?
A firm understanding of the Windows Operating System, computer architecture concepts and TCP/IP protocols are recommended. This certification path is designed for:
- Malware analysts
- Security researchers
- Cybersecurity professionals looking to gain a technical understanding of malware
- Anyone with a desire to get certified in reverse engineering!
You're in good company
"Comparing Infosec to other vendors is like comparing apples to oranges. My instructor was hands-down the best I’ve had."
"I knew Infosec could tell me what to expect on the exam and what topics to focus on most."
"I’ve taken five boot camps with Infosec and all my instructors have been great."