Become a Certified Reverse Engineering Analyst (CREA)
The Certified Reverse Engineering Analyst (CREA) certification path teaches you the analysis skills needed to reverse engineer and analyze malware. You'll learn about how malware works, reversing different types of malware, common tools and more.
Certified Reverse Engineering Analyst (CREA) training
This learning path builds your reverse engineering skills and prepares you to earn your Certified Reverse Engineering Analyst (CREA) certification. You’ll take a deep dive into reverse engineering, including different malware types, tools and techniques, as you progress through 14 courses tied to the primary CREA certification exam objectives. Upon completion, you’ll be prepared to earn your CREA certification and validate your knowledge around reverse engineering malware.
Learning path components
CREA Custom Practice Exam
CREA Skill Assessment
Introduction to Malware Analysis
Introduction to Reverse Engineering
C Code in Assembly
Common Malware Behavior
Anti-Disassembly, Anti-Debugging and Anti-VM
Obfuscation, Encoding and Encryption
Reversing 64-bit Malware
What you’ll learn.
The CREA certification exam covers the following primary objectives:
- Understanding hashing functions
- Working with encrypted binaries
- Reversing UPX and other compression types
- Discovering stack overflows
- Discovering heap overflows
- Creating a sandbox to isolate malware
- Unpacking malware
- Monitoring registry changes
- Identifying malware communication channels
- Understanding Digital Rights Management (DRM) implementations
Who is this for?
A firm understanding of the Windows Operating System, computer architecture concepts and TCP/IP protocols are recommended. This certification path is designed for:
- Malware analysts
- Security researchers
- Cybersecurity professionals looking to gain a technical understanding of malware
- Anyone with a desire to get certified in reverse engineering!
You're in good company
Infosec Skills is a very good place for building technical acumen and engineering development knowledge. It enables us to provide training to the entire team on relevant topics.
Romy Ricafort, West Division Senior Director of Sales Engineering
Comparing Infosec to other vendors is like comparing apples to oranges. My instructor was hands-down the best I've had.
James Coyle , Senior U.S. Public Sector Channel Sales Engineer
Train on your schedule
- 600+ courses
- 100s of hands-on labs and projects
- 70+ role-based learning paths
- Skill assessments
- Custom learning paths
- Custom certification practice exams
- Cloud-hosted cyber ranges
- Infosec peer community support
Infosec Skills Teams
- All Infosec Skills content for the year
- Team boot camp discounts — online or onsite (not included with subscription)
- Team administration and reporting
- Custom team learning paths
- Transferable licenses
- Dedicated client success manager
Award-winning training that you can trust
Best Software - Highest Satisfaction
Best IT Security-related Training Program
Best Cybersecurity Education Provider & Best Security Education Platform
Most Innovative Product - Cybersecurity Training for Infosec Professionals
Global Excellence - Cyber Security Education & Training
Exceptional learning experiences powered by LX Labs cyber expertise
Infosec Skills courses and labs are powered by LX Labs — our elite team of cyber SMEs, learning specialists and community of top-ranked security instructors, published authors and sought-after industry leaders. We rigorously vet all Infosec Skills training resources to guarantee they meet certification and compliance requirements and align with recognized guidelines like the NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.